For many grooms and their groomsmen the tux is a last minute ordeal. They usually don't even think about getting measured, let alone choosing the perfect tux, until maybe the month before the big day. But, choosing a great tux for the groom and his attendants is just as important as choosing the wedding gown. A great looking tux will not only compliment the perfect bridal gown, but when worn by your groomsmen, it will make the bridesmaids really shine when they have such good looking young men to escort them. But, you may be wondering, aside from glancing through a few pictures in a catalog, what can I do to make sure I am selecting the perfect tux? Well, here are a few tips to help you get started.
- Black, gray or white tuxedos are appropriate for any wedding. If you are buying your tuxedo, you may want to go with black since it can be worn to any black tie affair, while gray and white should be strictly reserved for weddings only.
- Instead of a colored vest, a more elegant look would be to choose black, silver, or white as the color for your vest and use the boutonnière as a way to tie the wedding colors into your tux.
- Whether you choose a bow tie or a long tie, be sure to match it to your vest. The difference in the two is that the bow tie is a classic and is worn by most grooms. The tie is a refreshing change, but it is still an elegant choice because it reflects a more modern and sleek look.
- A classic white collared shirt looks great with both types of ties and should already be a staple of any well-dressed young man's wardrobe. If you don't own a crisp, white collared shirt then shame on you!
- Tuxedos with tails are a personal choice. A good tip: If you are purchasing your tux so that you can wear it again, no tails is the universal suggestion.
- Suits are also classy, but you should stick to the same suggestion of colors. If you are planning on wearing a suit, be sure that it is well tailored. A suit that has a great fit will shine next to any blushing bride.
After you make the decision as to what type of tuxedo or suit you are looking for the next thing you may want to do is consider whether you want to rent or buy your tuxedos for your wedding. If you are having trouble making up your mind, here are some pros to each side.
- Are fairly inexpensive and in most areas it is easy to find a place that does tuxedo rentals.
- Don't have to worry about paying to have it dry cleaned.
- You and your groomsmen can go to the tuxedo shop to browse and get measured together, it's not something they have to pick out on their own.
- Since it's easy to rent them all together, you don't have to worry about your tuxedos not matching.
Owning A Tuxedo:
- When you are purchasing, there is always a wider selection available.
- Your personal tuxedo can be altered and tailored for a perfect fit.
- Most likely if you buy your tux, you will be able to get your hands on the latest styles.
- When you buy a tux, you are paying for something that is of higher quality and will most likely last you a long time.
- You will never have to worry about renting a tux last minute.
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends