Your honeymoon is meant to be a relaxing trip to spend time together celebrating your marriage. What it shouldn't be is a time to worry about money.
Here are ten tips for saving money on your honeymoon.
- Know your budget before you book. It's imperative that you don't purchase anything until you know how much money you will have for the trip. Factor in everything: transportation, lodging, food, taxes and tariffs, service fees, activity fees and spending money. This will let you know how much you can actually afford.
- Be flexible in the date you leave. If you must take your trip the week of your wedding, leave on an off-peak day for airlines and hotels. It can really save you money on tickets and hotel prices.
- Go off season.If you can wait until the busy travel season is over, you can get great deals and less people visiting your honeymoon locale. Check into cruises, island resorts and major tourist attractions to find the off-season deals.
- Travel close to home. Traveling by car to a location close to home can be a real money-saver. Check into deals at mountain resorts, destination cities within driving distance and with bed and breakfasts. You may be surprised at the money savings.
- Go all-inclusive. All inclusive resorts can be a great way to save money on your honeymoon. Since these resorts include almost everything in the package: room, fees, food and travel; you can get a great vacation for a flat rate. Just look out for hidden fees such as activities that are not included.
- Go online. The Internet has given the consumer buying power. With so many ".com" travel sites, you can see the prices you are expected to pay before booking your trip. Shop around for the best deal. Also, check into travel bidding sites for a great deal on a honeymoon package.
- Prepare some of your own meals. This is a great money-saver if you are going to a place with kitchen facilities such as a mountain cabin. Take a trip to the grocery store when you arrive. Get enough food for you to eat most meals at the cabin. Make your honeymoon more romantic by cooking together.
- Go on a cruise. Just like all-inclusive resorts, cruises package most of your meals, transportation and lodging into one price. Save money by taking a shorter cruise, or go in the off-season. Another great money saver for cruises is leaving from your home port. This cuts out costly airfare.
- Ask for discounts and coupons. Most hotels have partnerships with local restaurants and tourist attractions. Ask the concierge for coupons and discounts on everything from dinner to massages to show tickets. Ask about honeymoon baskets and specials.
- Don't be afraid to negotiate. Always ask the person you are booking rooms or travel arrangements with if this is their best deal. Often, they have a rate that isn't advertised. Ask for it, and you might be surprised by how often you get it.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1571020
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends