Guests flock to the wedding cake at the reception. It's a spectacle everyone looks forward to seeing (and eating), so it's definitely important to consider it in your overall wedding decor. Are you having a very formal wedding? Are you having a more casual wedding and putting more of your resources into the reception?
A monogrammed cake topper with Swarovski crystals can add just the right touch. Here's what you need to consider when picking out your topper for your cake.
If you are using a monogram theme in your décor, the cake top can be the real icing on the cake.
What size cake topper do I need?
· Consider how many letters you will use in the monogram. This will help you determine the size of the topper.
· Also, consider the size of your cake. You want the cake topper to be in proportion to your cake.
· Ask your cake specialist what he or she recommends for the topper. You will also want to purchase this early, so they can include it in the overall cake decoration.
· A good rule of thumb is to use a 4-5 inch cake topper if you are using a single initial. If you will include three initials, take the size down a bit to about 3 inches.
· Consider the size of the fonts as well when deciding on a monogrammed cake topper. If you are using a font that has large curls, take the size down a bit to compensate for the width of the topper.
What finish should I use on the cake topper?
There are two types of finish to consider - mirrored acrylic and stainless steel.
· This comes in gold or silver finish, which should match most wedding décor.
· The mirrored finish reflects lots of light, so candles set up around the cake can make for a very romantic display.
· Add colored Swarovski crystals to bring in your wedding colors and to make the topper really sparkle.
· This cake topper is heavier in weight and provides a more substantial look.
· This option is good if you want to include Swarovski crystals on both sides of the topper.
· The stainless topper is also less shiny than the mirrored finish topper.
Can I make my own monogrammed cake top?
Of course! Use this DIY kit to create your own elegant cake top. It comes with gems in your color choice and adhesive. Get creative, and show off your crafty diva style!
What do I do with the cake topper after the wedding?
Use it in your new home! This wooden display box is designed specifically to display your cake topper. This box can be customized with your name and wedding date or whatever message you want to include.
Plausible impossibilities should be preferred to unconvincing possibilities. Aristotle
New Member says
Great write-up, I’m regular visitor of this site, maintain up the nice operate, and It is going... Join the Discussion..
BW Camping Festival set for a big New Year
Meghna Mathur says
Booking open for Hyderabad Housewife Escorts Services at low rates call on 9100000000 for awesome... Join the Discussion..
The hardest thing in the world to understand is income taxes. Albert Einstein
It is quite beneficial, although think about the facts when it reaches this... Join the Discussion..
New Member says
Офисные АТС и IP телефония в Крыму. Компания Tritel,... Join the Discussion..
Which Celeb Owns a Horse Like This?
New Member says
I'm truly dazzled by the information you give in your articles. I should state an exceptionally... Join the Discussion..
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends