Cake! Yum! This is the tastiest part of your wedding day, and the part many of your guests look forward to. It's important to find a cake that expresses your wedding décor, feeds all your guests and tastes the way you want it. Here is a guide to finding your perfect wedding cake.
Tips for Getting Started
· Give yourself lots of time to find the cake. Four to six months is a good timeframe.
· Visit as many cake makers as possible. You'll have to make an appointment for tastings. Some vendors will charge for this, others won't. Some bakers have group tastings; others do individual appointments.
· One appointment may involve tasting icing and cake types.
· Another appointment may involve the actual decoration of the cake.
· Ask for references. Call these people and check on their satisfaction with the baker you are considering.
Tips for the Consultation
· Try as many different options as possible. You may never know what you will like. Even if it sounds weird, try some of the more unique flavors.
· Don't choose a cake based on what the baker wants you to have. Choose your cake based on your tastes.
· Ask about getting different flavors in the different layers. You and your groom may not agree on flavors. This compromise is easily accommodated by most bakers.
· Ask to see photos of cakes the baker has baked in the past.
· Bring in pictures of cakes you like. This will help explain the decoration you are seeking.
· Bring in any pieces such as cake toppers you want to include in the overall design.
· Ask about how the cake will be delivered or if it will be delivered. Is there a delivery charge?
· Ask how it will be displayed. Ask about cake stands and cutters. You may be required to rent these.
· Most cakes are priced by the slice. Ask about the number of slices in the cakes you like.
· Tell the baker your budget. A good baker and businessperson will make suggestions on getting the best bang for your buck.
· Ask about how busy your baker is and how much lead time they will need on preparing your cake.
· The groom's cake should be something special that reflects his personality.
· Use his football jersey number or his favorite college team in the décor.
· Does he play the guitar? A guitar-shaped cake is a unique style.
· Does he like golf? Create a golf scene on the cake.
· The groom's cake does not have to be as big as the wedding cake. A single sheet is ideal for an average size wedding.
· If he likes chocolate, go for chocolate. If he likes red velvet, go for red velvet.
· Keep the groom's cake a surprise. It will make the reception more special if he doesn't know what you decided to do for his cake.
· Have fun picking something out that will impress your husband-to-be.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Ashley_Rader
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends