If you are looking for a way to cut costs, doing your own makeup can be a great way to can save you lots of money. Here are some tips for achieving a professional look on your own.
Go get a makeup consultation.
Most department stores have trained makeup artists who will give you a makeup lesson with a product purchase. This kills two birds with one stone. You can get the makeup you need and a professional demonstration of the product.
Here are some more tips on achieving a perfect look on your wedding day.
Start with clean, moisturized skin.
· Be sure your moisturizer and foundation have an SPF of at least 15 to protect you in the sun.
Use concealer and foundation to create flawless skin.
· Start with concealer (cream works best). Apply it under your eyes and to any red or dark spots to even your skin tone.
· Use a foundation that matches your skin tone exactly. Apply sparingly. Too much foundation can highlight skin imperfections. Apply to your forehead, cheeks, nose and chin, and then blend upward and outward.
Have perfectly groomed brows.
· Don't pluck or wax the day of your wedding. Do this a few days to a week before the wedding to avoid irritation and redness.
· Use a pencil the same shade as your brows to fill in gaps and to create a defined look. Use small, light strokes when applying brow liner.
· Tame wild brows with clear mascara.
Define your eyes
· Line your eyes along the lash line with a dark-colored liner. Black or charcoal smudged along the top lashes is a great look. Turn the point of your liner up at the corners to really open them up.
· For shadow, use three shades in coordinating colors: light, medium and deep. Use the light color on your brow bone and the inside corner of your eye. Put the medium color in the crease and along the lid. Use the darker color on the outside third of your lid to make eyes really pop.
· Use a thickening or lengthening mascara in a waterproof formula to really define lashes. Add fake lashes for real drama. Be sure to practice before your wedding day.
Create a soft glow.
· Gain that blushing bride look with a large blush brush. Smile a big, goofy smile to define the apples of your cheeks. Sweep blush upward into your hairline.
· Sweep a soft layer of bronzer across the spots where the sun naturally hits you: cheeks, forehead, bridge of your nose, and chin.
Create soft, luscious lips.
· Use a stay-put formula with a gloss for long-lasting lips.
· First define lips with a pencil that matches your lipstick shade exactly.
· Top with the lip color. Let set for time specified.
· Add gloss.
· For real staying power, purchase a lipstick sealant. This will make your lipstick last much longer.
· Don't go too extreme in color. Define your lips with a natural color like berry or nude that complements your skin tone.
Finish it off.
· Add some translucent powder to your entire face (excluding your lips and lashes) to lock in the look.
Touch up tips:
· Keep some shine control papers handy. Press them on your face to remove excess oil. Don't pile on powder. It will cake.
· Touch up gloss periodically through your reception to keep lips moist and pretty for pictures.
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends