While winter's weather has well set in, what better consolation than dreaming of the warm and sunny summer days ahead of us? Chelsey checks out what will be in style when the summer gets going...
It’s hard to think about summer when we have been hit by an arctic blast, but we promise better days are around the corner. But what should we be wearing when it gets here? Here are ten trends to prepare for:
1. NEW NAUTICALS - This reporter has just come back from Europe where the warmest season is at its peak, and can tell you that from Paris to Milan, navy is the new black and white is the new sheer.
2. On this side of the globe, on the streets, looks came thick and fast. From refined and uncluttered silhouettes, to folk-hippie-bohemian looks or romantic bucolic maxi dresses among rockabilly and biker clothing. Pants are worn baggy: pleated, flared or boot cut, the slim stays in the closet this year.
3. DO THE DROP - Drop-crotch and sarouel pants are nailing it.
4. SUPERSIZE ME - Miniskirts are out and long skirts or maxi dresses are becoming the wardrobe essential. Easy to play with and to mix and match, these beauties make it easy to take your look from day to night.
5. GET SHIRTY - New York designers love the classic white shirt, which creates a clean and chic silhouette. In Paris designers are giving the classic shirt an edge by wearing them in dress form.
6. GO MAD - The ladylike dress makes a strong return this summer, with shapes embracing and enhancing a woman’s curves. The success of the American series Mad Men and its costume designer Janie Bryant is definitely contributing to this resurgence in popularity.
7. COOL COLOURS - Magenta, orange, fuchsia and yellow are definitely the hottest colours for the spring/summer. It’s all about uplifting, exciting and energetic colour palettes, so come on, get happy!
8. LOVE LACE - Lace is still everywhere, but is going back to a more antique and classic style: making crochet and macramé more at the fore this spring/summer.
9. SWIMWEAR - Swimwear fashion cycles are not on the same beat as the other fashion trends. It is hard for designers year after year to reinvent the mono-kini or bikini - however cuts and styles are often revisited and colours and patterns played with. The trend this year takes us back to the fifties and honours this era's style icons such as Grace Kelly, Marilyn Monroe or Jane Mansfield. Look out for vintage-inspired swimwear: high-waist bottoms, fuller-cupped tops, boy-legged bottoms, sweetheart necklines and halters. Prints are nautical or Hawaiian inspired.
10. CATTY ACCESSORIES - Vintage-inspired looks are even influencing accessories - eyewear is all about the glamorous cat-eye, while footwear is all about the kitten heel.
As always however, when it comes to spring/summer, don’t be afraid to be bold and make a statement with your style!
Plausible impossibilities should be preferred to unconvincing possibilities. Aristotle
New Member says
Great write-up, I’m regular visitor of this site, maintain up the nice operate, and It is going... Join the Discussion..
BW Camping Festival set for a big New Year
Meghna Mathur says
Booking open for Hyderabad Housewife Escorts Services at low rates call on 9100000000 for awesome... Join the Discussion..
The hardest thing in the world to understand is income taxes. Albert Einstein
It is quite beneficial, although think about the facts when it reaches this... Join the Discussion..
New Member says
Офисные АТС и IP телефония в Крыму. Компания Tritel,... Join the Discussion..
Which Celeb Owns a Horse Like This?
New Member says
I'm truly dazzled by the information you give in your articles. I should state an exceptionally... Join the Discussion..
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends