The tendency of our lives, businesses, art, is to keep adding: more furniture, clothes, gadgets, tasks, appointments, features to websites and apps, words to our writing.
Continual addition isn’t sustainable or desirable:
- Too many things to do means we’re always busy, with no time for rest, stillness, contemplation, creativity, time with loved ones.
- Overwhelming customers with choices means they’re less likely to make an actual choice. They’d prefer that we curate the best.
- Too many possessions is clutter, visual stress, cleaning, maintenance, debt, less happiness.
- Too many tasks makes it harder to focus on any one thing or get anything done.
- Too many things we want to learn means we never learn anything well.
Subtraction is beautiful: it creates space, time, clarity.
Subtraction is necessary: otherwise we are overburdened.
Subtraction can be painful: it means letting go of a child.
Subtraction is an art that improves with practice. Subtraction can be practiced on your schedule, task list, commitments list, possessions, reading list, writing, product line, distractions.
What can you subtract right now?
Why YouTube Red’s Launch Is a ‘Watershed Moment’ for Google
New Member says
The article titled Why YouTube Red’s Launch Is a ‘Watershed Moment’ for Google made me... Join the Discussion..
May the Force be with you. Star Wars, 1977
I should assert barely that its astounding! The blog is informational also always fabricate amazing... Join the Discussion..
The hardest thing in the world to understand is income taxes. Albert Einstein
Can nicely write on similar topics! Welcome to here you'll find out how it should look. prime... Join the Discussion..
Gentlemen prefer blondes. Anita Loos, 1925
New Member says
I wish more authors of this type of content would take the time you did to research and write so... Join the Discussion..
For true fans of this thread I will address is a free online! malaysia MEGA888 check... Join the Discussion..
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends