It's beneficial to work out in small bursts because it raises and lowers your heart rate all throughout the day. This speeds up metabolism and keeps your body guessing what comes next.
If you don't have time to exercise 20-40 minutes straight a day or you just don't like to sit for extended periods of time, try exercising around the house in between other chores or while watching TV.
Five Ways To Work Out At Home In Small Bursts.
1. Waiting for the water to boil. Any time you are cooking you have the opportunity to exercise. Try body weight squats and calf raises. If you have a corner spot on the counter, lift your weight off the floor and do knee raises.
2. Watching TV. This could not be a more perfect time to get in few sets! Try push ups, crunches or outer thigh raises on the floor.
3. On the phone. Who hasn't snacked while talking on the phone with a friend? Instead try walking up and down the stairs or step ups on one stair. You can also stretch on the bed or sofa.
4. Cleaning the house can be a great moderate activity and depending on how often you clean, can be a pretty long workout too! Try picking up the pace and every time you bend down to pick something up, do a squat or lunge to get to it.
5. At the home office. Set yourself up with a couple dumbbells or resistance tubes to do bicep curls and other strength exercises while you are stuck on a problem or waiting for a call. It is even better to get a bench and full gym to do work and workout intervals.
Exercising at home is easy if you slowly add new exercises in to your schedule. When you are ready for full routines add together all you have done separately throughout the day, for a challenging full body routine. Be creative and use stable chairs, steps and even your coffee table for at home exercises that will get you in to great shape.
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends