Cross training is simply working out in a variety of different ways, to improve overall performance. Changing your fitness routine and training for different activities, conditions your body for a higher level of fitness.
For example, a basketball player's main objective is to practice and be the best at playing the game. To guarantee success, outside of the court s/he would also have to weight train for upper body strength, run for speed and endurance and perform various drills for co-ordination and agility. Cross training supplements you favourite sport or activity.
Benefits of cross training:
- Prevents injuries. When the same muscles and joints are not being used everyday, they have a chance to recover while other muscle groups are working. Cross training is wonderful for working out more but at the same time, staying healthy and injury-free.
- Reduces boredom. Changing routines and trying new activities is a great way to stay interested and motivated in your workouts.
- Works on weaknesses. When you find out you are good at something, chances are you will stick with it, while ignoring the exercises you have the most trouble with. A cross training program will keep you working on different goals for overall improvement and muscular balance.
- Breaks plateaus. If you are having trouble seeing results, cross training could be the answer you have been looking for. Shocking your body by a new challenge is the best way to make some changes to your physique.
- Provides a break from your sport specific training. Athletes training for a game or race go through a tough training regimen. Cross training provides a fun and much needed break from a tight training schedule, while still working toward an improvement in performance.
Cross training is easy for the general fitness loving population. Just try to do something different each day. Running one day, weights the next, then swimming, indoor rock climbing, spinning class, martial arts etc
It is even possible to cross train in the same workout. Jog for 15 minutes, elliptical for 15 and then stationary bike for 15 minutes. That will get every muscle moving!
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends