10 questions with Garage TV’s new face Nikki Phillips

Kiwi model and blogger Nikki Phillips is the new face on Garage TV New Zealand and Australia, kicking off hosting Garage Movie Block every Saturday night over summer from 5 December. Nikki talks to Chelsey about summer fashion, her love of action sports and beauty tips to live by.

As a successful model, what’s your best beauty tip?

That keeping it simple is best. We all have busy lifestyles and many of us don't have the time in the mornings to apply a million products. I keep it simple because less is more, so I cleanse in the shower and moisturize.

We know you ski, mountain bike and ride motorbikes, are you a tomboy or a girly girl?

I’m definitely a tomboy on the inside and a girly girl on the outside. I’m not afraid to get my hands dirty and try new things. Speaking of new things, I’m a skier and have actually never snowboarded but it’s on the list for 2016. I love outdoor sports, I love the adrenalin rush and sense of freedom.

You’re a model, fashion blogger and presenter, why and how did you become involved in Garage TV?

Garage TV is New Zealand’s only 24/7 action and adventure sports channel exclusively available on Sky. As a TV presenter I love learning new things, reporting on unbelievable and heroic stories and pushing my boundaries. I guess I just allowed my inner tomboy to have her dream job.

You are based in Sydney, so where will these upcoming summer holidays take you?

I will actually be heading back to New Zealand for Christmas and then come January and February we are heading to Bali and then the Swiss Alps for blog trips.

If someone wants to start a new action sports hobby what is the first thing you’d recommend they do?

Buy a helmet and get on the mountain bike trails. Fun, full of adrenaline and keeps you as fit as a fiddle.

What’s your top tips for eating healthily on the go?

I’m a vegetarian, so my meals are generally quite healthy. However, I’m all about moderation, don't starve yourself of bad foods, just eat in moderation and find a good balance between fruit, salads, and the occasional burger.

Your blog Styled by Phillips, has over 450,000 views, and is fast becoming a fashion bible. What are this summer’s fashion trends Kiwi ladies should abide by?

Fringing, denim, feminine and silhouettes are on trend this summer. But I think it’s important to take a trend and make it your own. Everyone has different style and a different body shape. The key is adding your spin on trends so they suit you.

Who is your favourite Kiwi fashion designer and why?

Hard question. New Zealand has some incredible designers. I can’t just pick one, so Karen Walker, Kate Sylvester, Ruby and Juliette Hogan are the ones that spring to mind and I wear regularly.

What does this role with Garage TV mean for your career?

As someone that has always had shows within the fashion industry, it’s nice to spread my wings and be creative in other ways. Sports have always been a hobby and now it’s fun to include that into the work category.

What motivate and inspires you?

People and life in general.

Sort by
  • New Member says
    Ensure you think carefully prior to deciding to acquire SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING equipment. Examine leading 5 SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING equipment and also pick the one that finest matches your wants and also feature. high blog comments
  • New Member says
    It consists of all the broadest local library assortment of symbols and additionally outcome that allows setting up tremendous images quite simply. A portion of the parts of this approach product feature. amazing logo design
  • New Member says
    That's why its more practical that you may appropriate study previous to developing. You'll be able to post more significant posting like this. best psychologist service Sacramento
  • New Member says
  • New Member says
    thanks for the tips and information..i really appreciate it.. Trust Flow Blog Comments
  • New Member says
    That would characteristic short-term, but it’s not really a efficient long-term reply to with respect to individuals who want to wind up being utilizing this 1 specific partner some people can’t avoid bearing in mind. best careers for men
  • New Member says
    Fairly quickly this incredible website should irrefutably come to be recognized within all of the weblog most people, for the diligent articles or reviews or possibly feedback. show boxes movies app
  • New Member says
    I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work... รายได้เสริมทำที่บ้าน
  • New Member says
    I surprised with the analysis you made to make this particular publish incredible. Wonderful activity! Appliance repair Arlington
  • New Member says
    Fine site and the great level of quality information plus I’m convinced this is considerably handy. Jual Laptop Gaming

Want to have your say?

It's quick, easy and 100% free.

Features

Endorsed Events

• SpringBreakFIJI SpringBreakFIJI

Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island

• The Fijian Cup The Fijian Cup

The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...

• Rock Island VANUATU Rock Island VANUATU

From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...

• Summit FIJI Summit FIJI

Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends