Beer & marmalade glazed ham with new potatoes with smoky aioli
1 cooked ham
330ml Stella Artois
150g orange marmalade
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 orange, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Carefully slice under the rind of the ham at the base, then using your fingers, carefully slide them between the ham rind and fat layer. The rind will come away easily but can tear so work slowly, gently forcing your fingertips between the layers. You need to retain as much fat as possible for scoring. This can be done with a small knife, but may result in an uneven, cut up surface.
2. Using a sharp knife, score the fat in diagonal lines 3cm apart. Repeat from the other side of the ham to create a diamond pattern.
3. Place the ham in a large baking dish. Pour 280ml of the beer over the ham. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes, basting with the beer half way through.
4. In a small saucepan combine the remaining 50ml beer, marmalade and smoked paprika. Bring to the boil and boil for 3 minutes then cool.
5. Remove the ham from the oven and carefully smear the scored fat all over with the marmalade paste.
6. Return to the oven and bake for a further 30 minutes or until golden, basting half way through. When you baste the ham you can decorate the top with slices of orange secured with cloves.
New potatoes with smoky aioli
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
Quarter of a teaspoon salt
Quarter of a teaspoon smoked paprika
1 clove of garlic, crushed
100ml light flavoured oil such as grapeseed or vegetable
50ml olive oil
150g new potatoes per person, scrubbed
A bunch of chives, chopped
1. Place the egg yolks, vinegar, salt, smoked paprika and garlic in a bowl and whisk together.
2. Add the oil, very slowly, drop by drop, whisking continuously until thick.
3. Refrigerate until needed. Will keep in the fridge for a week.
4. Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, salt the water then reduce to a simmer until tender.
6. Serve the potatoes with the aioli and chopped chives.
Baked salmon with sweet chilli & basil
1 tablespoon peanut oil
3 shallots, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
4 large mild red chillies, seeds discarded, finely chopped
5cm ginger, finely chopped
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons rice or white vinegar
1 side of salmon, about 1kg
1 large bunch fresh basil leaves
1. Heat the oven to 200C.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan over a medium heat and sauté the shallots, garlic, chilli and ginger for five minutes to soften but not brown, then add the sugar, vinegar and two tablespoons water then bring to the boil and cook a few minutes to dissolve the sugar. Set aside (this can be made in advance).
3. Place the salmon skin down in a roasting tray that has been lined with baking paper (to make it easy to remove) sprinkled with oil and flaky salt. Smear over the chilli paste. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes for rare and 20 – 25 minutes to cook through, depending on the thickness of the fillet.
4. Serve scattered with the basil leaves.
Gentlemen prefer blondes. Anita Loos, 1925
New Member says
Good sharing with us DJI Coupon Codes Join the Discussion..
The hardest thing in the world to understand is income taxes. Albert Einstein
There you can download for free, see the first of these data. Legit Marijuana online dispensary Join the Discussion..
BMW Polo Open Promises Summer’s Best Day Out in 2014
Thryyve is a leading video resume site, submit your video resume to employers today. Jobs in Qatar,... Join the Discussion..
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
New Member says
That is the type of information that are supposed to be shared across the website. best site to... Join the Discussion..
New Member says
Новый рейтинг казино онлайн с мгновенной выплатой и 98%... Join the Discussion..
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends