People often think that making soup is a hugely complicated procedure, but nothing could be further from the truth! Home-made soups are healthy, delicious and fresh, and this gorgeous Mushroom Soup is guaranteed to be a hit with everybody that tastes it!
2 medium onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons plain flour
1 litre hot chicken stock (or vegetable stock for vegetarians)
1 bay leaf
½ cup / 4 tablespoons cream
Salt and freshly ground black
© Paul Reid | Dreamstime.com
- Clean the mushroom under a water tap and rub away the dirt. Chop the mushroom into small pieces.
- Heat up the butter in a medium pan and cook the garlic and onions until they're soft but not browned. This should take five to six minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, and cook over a high heat for 3 minutes whilst stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms, mix well to combine.
- Stir in the flour and mix well, making sure all the mushrooms are well coated.
- Pour in the hot chicken stock and bring to the boil. Add the bay leaf and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and leave the soup to cool for a few minutes.
- Place the mushroom mixture in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine the soup and cream in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with croutons on top or with garlic bread.
| Lunch Recipes
| Dinner Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
SPRING BREAK FIJI
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
SPRING BREAK FIJI
The ultimate 5 days & Nights in Paradise!