When deciding what entrée to make, it can be hard to find one that’s very different yet very tasty. These Ham and Cheese Chicken Rolls are a meal with a difference. They have such a variety of flavours and textures that everybody is sure to be impressed!
4 Boneless and skinless chicken breast, halves
4 Ham slices
4 Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
4 Tbsp all purpose flour
1 dash salt
1 Tsp freashly ground black pepper
½ cup soft bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
2 ½ Tbsp canola oil
2 Tbsp water or chicken broth
© Pixbilder | Dreamstime.com
- Skin the chicken breasts and pound to ¼ inch between sheets of waxed paper.
- Lay one slice of fully cooked thin ham on chicken, then one slice of swiss cheese.
- Roll up very carefully; secure with wet toothpicks or tie twine around tightly.
- Unwaxed dental floss makes a good tie. Mixi the flour, pepper and salt and dust over the chicken rolls lightly.
- Dip one at a time into the beaten egg.
- Roll in the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a 9 or 10-inch heavy skillet with lid.
- Place the chicken rolls into hot oil, seam side down.
- Fry for about 10 minutes, turning carefully once or twice.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water or chicken broth, cover immediately, and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan, let stand 3-4 minutes, then carefully remove the toothpicks or twine.
- Serve warm over mashed potato.
| Lunch Recipes
| Dinner Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
SPRING BREAK FIJI
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
SPRING BREAK FIJI
The ultimate 5 days & Nights in Paradise!