We all know salmon is a healthy food; but who knew it can work wonders as part of a beauty routine?
Eating healthily and exercising regularly brings inner beauty to the surface. And King salmon is an ideal food for keeping us ‘beautiful’ inside and out.
Regal King Salmon is a rich and natural source of long-chain Omega-3 fatty acids, powerful antioxidants and essential minerals including selenium, zinc, iodine and vitamin D.
So, how much salmon should we be eating?
A Regal King salmon steak about the size and thickness of a deck of cards contains about 2,000mgs of long-chain Omega-3s.
To prevent a deficiency of Omega-3s, health authorities recommend about 650mgs of omega-3s a week for women and 1,100mgs for men. Salmon twice a week is ideal.
Here's a tastey salmon recipe to try:
Grilled Regal Salmon with Asparagus, Citrus Hollandaise and Tomato Duo
2 egg yolks
3⁄4 cup melted butter, cooled
1⁄2 lemon, juiced
1 orange, finely grated zest
pinch of cayenne pepper
4 x 120-150g Regal Salmon Fresh Portion, pin-boned
1 bunch fresh asparagus spears (about one dozen), with the tough ends snapped off
1⁄4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
Salt & pepper
METHOD: The hollandaise can either be made in a food processor or blender, or alternatively by hand
1. Place egg yolks in a food processor and beat until the eggs are well mixed.
2. With the food processor running, slowly trickle in the melted butter until the mixture has thickened to mayonnaise consistency.
3. Whisk in the lemon juice, orange zest, cayenne pepper and season to taste.
1. Place egg yolks in a small mixing bowl and whisk together well.
2. Slowly trickle in the melted butter while whisking the mixture vigorously. Keep whisking until the emulsion reaches the consistency of mayonnaise.
3. Whisk in the lemon juice, orange zest, cayenne pepper and season to taste
Salmon, asparagus and tomato duo
1. Drizzle some oil into a fry pan and heat on a medium high heat.
2. Add the salmon fillets skin side down, and fry for 2 minutes.
3. Season the flesh side of the salmon with salt and pepper before flipping over and cooking for a further 2 minutes.
4. Blanch or pan fry the asparagus for 2 minutes until just cooked.
5. Mix the sundried tomatoes and cherry tomatoes together.
Place a salmon fillet on a plate and top with a tablespoon of hollandaise, a few asparagus spears and a spoonful of tomatoes.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Fashion in the BIG little City
Decent post! Its truly fascinating. The thoughts were acceptable and supportive to us. I recommend... Join the Discussion..
Win one of five Clairol styling prize packs
New Member says
The way it was presented was great and keep doing these type of... Join the Discussion..
Maybelline New York Baby Lips Giveaway
New Member says
It was a great fun out here. The way they presented was mind blowing. Keep doing this. Hot... Join the Discussion..
Love means never having to say you're sorry. Love Story, 1970
This article is about why My Blog is so important for Business. Specifically, we will discuss the 5... Join the Discussion..
Florence: An Ever-Blooming Retreat
Amazing article and photo. Find Cheap Flights To Your Destination Join the Discussion..
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends