Luxurious, indulgent and chocolatey, this delicious Chocolate Mousse Cake is the ideal dessert when you want to finish a meal in style. Tasting better than any you’ll find in a shop, this dessert will always go down an absolute treat whenever it’s served.
½ cup bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
2 tablespoons espresso or very strong coffee
1 cup cold heavy cream
3 large eggs, separated
1 tablespoon sugar
extra whipped cream (optional)
© Kitsen | Dreamstime.com
- Whip the cream to soft peaks, then refrigerate.
- Combine the chocolate, butter, and espresso in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and let cool until the chocolate is just slightly warmer than body temperature.
- To test, dab some chocolate on your bottom lip. It should feel warm. If it is too cool, the mixture will seize when the other ingredients are added.
- Once the melted chocolate has cooled slightly, whip the egg whites in a medium bowl until they are foamy and beginning to hold a shape.
- Sprinkle in the sugar and beat until soft peaks form.
- When the chocolate has reached the proper temperature, stir in the yolks.
- Gently stir in about one-third of the whipped cream. Fold in half the whites just until incorporated, then fold in the remaining whites, and finally the remaining whipped cream.
- Spoon or pipe the mousse into a serving bowl or individual dishes. If you wish, layer in fresh raspberries and whipped cream.
- Chill in the refrigerator a couple of hours or until ready to serve.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends