A firm favourite with children and adults alike, this delicious recipe for Carrot Cake is one of the best you’ll find. This recipe is so versatile it can be used for either one large cake or cupcakes, so you can use it to fit it with whatever occasion you’re making dessert for!
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 pcs raw eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup fresh milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 cup cream cheese
6 tbsp butter, melted
3 cups confectioners sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
© Pamela Hodson | Dreamstime.com
- Combine flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl than whisk until everything is properly distributed
- Beat the eggs using an electric mixer in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add the granulated and light brown sugar then continue mixing until fully blended.
- Add the vegetable oil, fresh milk, and vanilla extract then continue mixing until texture becomes smooth.
-Put-in the flour-baking soda-cinnamon-baking powder-salt mixture then continue mixing using low speed.
- Fold-in the carrots and walnuts
- Pour the batter on a cake pan with shaped wax paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the batter for 35 to 50 minutes (you know that the cake is done when toothpick inserted comes out clean)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool down.
Make the frosting
- Beat the cream cheese using an electric mixer
- Add-in the butter and vanilla extract then continue mixing until the mixture is well blended
- Add the confectioners sugar then mix until texture becomes smooth
- Set aside
- Apply the frosting over the cake
- Place the first cake on a flat surface and apply frosting on the top part spreading it evenly
- Place the second cake on top of the first cake and align properly
- Apply the remaining frosting on top and on the sides of the cake
- Garnish with chopped wallnuts on top and on the sides
- Refrigerate for at least an hour then serve. Share and enjoy!
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends