Spray tanning is a great way to enjoy the feel-good effects of a summer tan without the risk of skin cancer, or prematurely aging skin.
And spray tan solutions have come a long way in the last few years. We all know of someone who can detail a spray tan horror story, but those days should be well and truly over if you follow some of Bare Waxing’s simple spray tanning tips:
1. Make sure your therapist is experienced in spray tan application. Practice makes perfect – and there is definitely an art to ensuring your tan is applied evenly, and at the right depth and colour to ensure a natural glow. When booking, don't be afraid to ask your salon how many spray tans they do and what experience the therapist has. They should also be able to advise on the best timing for your tan – especially important if it’s for a big event.
2. Not all Spray Tan solutions are created equally. With so many spray tan brands to choose from, how do you know which ones are the best? Most spray tan solutions use an active ingredient called DHA (dihydroxyacetone – it’s the same ingredient in your at-home self tanning products). The better quality solutions will use an organic version of this ingredient, will be odour-free, and won’t contain alcohol (which is drying to the skin) or any nasty parabens. Great spray tan solutions will also include the botanical Erythrulose (a natural based keto-sugar) which interacts with the outer layer of the skin to give a longer lasting tan.
3. Look for a salon that makes you feel comfortable. Getting nearly nude in front of a stranger can be daunting. A good salon should put you at ease and offer you a choice of disposable underwear.
4. Preparing for your spray tan. Ensuring your skin is well hydrated ahead of time and also giving yourself a once over with an exfoliating brush or gloves the night before will ensure your body is in the best condition for the spray tan to be applied.
5. Spray Tan after-care. How you take care of your tan once you leave the salon will have a significant impact on how long it lasts – this means daily moisturising to keep your skin well hydrated.
Finally, a spray tan does not offer any sun protection, so it’s really important that you apply a sunscreen if heading out in the sunshine to show off that gorgeous glow. Click here for more tips and information on Bare Waxing & Skin Centre’s Naked Tan as well as real-life client before and after photos:
Bare Waxing and Skin Care Centre is one of Auckland’s Brazilian waxing and grooming specialists with highly trained experienced staff. They also offer spray tanning, eyebrow threading, Dermalogica skin treatments & products, make-up application, manicures, pedicures and more. To find out more about Bare Waxing, visit www.barewaxing.co.nz
Initial You got a awesome blog .I determination be involved in plus uniform minutes. i view you got... Join the Discussion..
I should assert barely that its astounding! The blog is informational also always fabricate amazing... Join the Discussion..
Snow White and the Huntsman
Actually I read it yesterday but I had some thoughts about it and today I wanted to read it again... Join the Discussion..
I am constantly surprised by the amount of information accessible on this subject. What you... Join the Discussion..
People like numbers
New Member says
Hello! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was... Join the Discussion..
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends