Discussions ama2008 is involved in
Great thread! :-)
Heres my tried n true, favourite bath bomb recipe (ok I know its not a beauty remedy but I just typed it up for someone so I've got it on hand)
You will need a silicone baking tray (preferably one you can just use for bath stuff as it tends to get quite smelly with oils and stuff, so would need a thorough wash!), I paid $10 for mine at New World, however you can actually get them quite cheap at places like Uncle Bills Wholesale club, etc, or maybe Coin Save, $2 shop, etc. You dont need a high quality one. You can also use those tiny novelty shaped silicone 'trays', I bought wee ones at Japan City in Wellington very cheap and they make lovely wee bath fizzies.
Anyway...heres the recipe. You can play around with the proportions, but I've found this works quite well and has a good amount of fizz:
- 6 tsps bicarb of soda (from supermarket baking aisle!)
- 2 tsp citric acid (right next to the bicarb, lol)
- 10 (you can change this) drops of essential or fragrance oil (you can use pure essential oils but they can irritate sensitive skin, and not safe in pregancy sometimes, so I prefer synthetic fragrance oils such as the ones by Kereru, they do a gorgeous strawberry for example) drops of esssential or fragrance oil
- 2 tsps vege oil (I've experimented a bit with this....avocado oil is fantastic, but turns the bath bombs a Shrek-green and has its own faint smell, otherwise a plain oil is best) or almond oil.
- optional = glycerol or jojoba oil for moisturising the skin, about a tsp of one of them (or both!)
- optional = few drops of food colouring. You can also use skin-safe glitter but you have to be really careful that it wont irritate the skin, and can also make the bath messy, so I choose to avoid it!
- Start by mixing together citric acid/bicarb of soda in a bowl
- blend in the essential/fragrance oils
- add the vege oil and mix thoroughly. Add your colour and glitter if needed.
- now you should be able to tightly pack the mixture into the silicone trays. If the mixture is dry/crumbly, add a few more drops of vege oil (or almond oil, glycerol, etc...dont use water as it will cause it to start fizzing - I learnt that the hard way!).
- leave it for around an hour, preferably overnight. This 'sets' it
Hope this is useful for someone!! :-) Read more about Home-made beauty remedies
Yeah I've heard its really good actually! Read more about Best deoderant?
Great interview! would love to see more interviews with inspirational kiwi women :-) Read more about Interview: Lee-Anne Wann
Delicious!! instead of mayo, I'd have salsa, but thats just me!
now I'm hungry.... :-) Read more about Tortilas with chicken
Cant wait to try this...sounds amazing! Read more about Discover ultra-soft, nourished skin with new Garnier Body Intensive 7 Days!
Interesting article, thanks for this....I dont travel much, but I DO like watching Border Patrol and it amazes me what people try to brin gin and out of countries Read more about What NOT to take
Due to our unusual taste in music, we found it easier to make our own ipod playlist rather than a DJ, and saved lots of money too! Read more about Finding the Perfect DJ For Your Wedding
interesting articles Sarah! thanks for not being afraid to be open and honest Read more about How Well Do You Know Your Lady Bits? Part 1
Not sure why this is in 'Love and Sex' (maybe because its a pussy, haha) but I sure do Love it! brought a smile to my face Read more about Weekly Cute Fix - 13 June 2011
Great that we can finally talk about this stuff out in the open, be aware of it, and most of all...celebrate being a woman! :-) Read more about How Well Do You Know Your Lady Bits? Part 2
I tried Botox one time and was permanently surprised for a couple of months. It was not a cute look for me.
New Member says
Botox actually doesn't suits everyone and it messes up the face as well. I read many article... Join the Discussion..
Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies. Ann Landers
Thank you very much for this great post. betsson Join the Discussion..
The main facts in human life are five: birth, food, sleep, love and death. E. M. Forster
Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching... Join the Discussion..
Places in Paris Where to Romance Your Love
Its as if you had a great grasp on the subject matter, but you forgot to include your readers.... Join the Discussion..
When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. Mark Twain
I wish more authors of this type of content would take the time you did to research and write so... Join the Discussion..
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends