Chelsey 10 Questions with Hauraki’s Angelina Boyd

Radio Hauraki daytime host Angie Boyd is newly engaged, a campaigner for homegrown music and a huge fan of English comedy. Chelsey chats to the music lover about life, love and strange habits.

1.    What attracted you to join the Hauraki team?

I don't know where else I could play Talking Heads next to Soundgarden next to Gary Numan next to a Smashing Pumpkins B-side. It’s genius. That plus a lot of the crew are some of my favourite people I’ve been lucky enough to work with over the last 14 years in radio.

2.    What’s your favourite album so far this year?

I’d been waiting 18 years for a new Faith No More album, and finally they delivered Sol Invictus in May! The band are fast approaching 50 but they're still completely on form and true to themselves. They played an incredible show at Mt Smart Stadium in March this year too, which would be in my top five gigs, I reckon. They honestly rule.

3.    How did your boyfriend of three years pop the question?

Over the New Year we took off on a three week road trip around the South Island in the van - a serious trip of a lifetime.  Just after the New Year we were trekking in the middle of Abel Tasman National Park on a beautifully sunny day, next to a crystal clear pool of gold water. It all seemed to happen within seconds; he ripped his shirt off, jumped in the water, and came out with a ring in his hand and a crazy look in his eye. Once I could speak, I yelled "shit yeah" and jumped on him.

4.    The moment you’re most embarrassed about in your radio career is…?

Admittedly, I'm great at putting my foot in it and asking inane questions if I'm a bit starstruck or nervous.  But y’know, I actually think I’ve managed not to do it live on air! Some neat off air ones though... there was that choice time I asked Bono a reeeally ridiculous question which came out the wrong way. I’ve never lived it down. But that was before I was in radio so technically, I don't need to share that one.

5.    What is the perfect three-course meal to wow your fiancée?

Being that I’m the only cook in this pairing, I think he goes bananas over anything, especially if it's on the table when he gets home.

6.    What’s your top tips for eating healthily on the go?

The main one is to be organised, bro. Make lunch the night before or take healthy leftovers. Buy one of those 'blend & go' thingees & prep smoothies the night before and keep it in the freezer. In the morning throw milk or soy or whatever into it, a quick blast and you're good to go. Having dried fruit and almonds on hand is the way to go if you crave a sugar fix.

7.    What’s your strangest habit?

The most prevalent one at the moment is obsessing over having perfect sheets on the bed. It's getting weird. More than a few times I've been nearly asleep then decide it would be much better if I got up to straighten them a little more. It's fair to say it's not a popular habit at the moment and one that will hopefully pass.

8.    Describe your perfect day?

One that involves at least eight hours of sleep to begin with, coffee, a run on the beach, swimming, sunshine, exploring somewhere, cheese crackers and wine with the fellah. And if there's room, perhaps a gig with a few pals in tow. And these days, interestingly, an early(ish) night, uh oh.

9.    If you weren’t a Hauraki announcer what other career would you do?

Oh jeez! I guess over the years I've branched out into other media a bit; tv presenting, Music PR, writing, so I think it'd definitely be music or media based. A travel writer always sounded like a fun job... actually yes - I'd be down with getting paid to fly to Italy and write about it.

10.   How do you keep fit, healthy and balanced in your life?

Exercise every day. I'm a much happier person because of it!  To balance it out, I'm quite keen on a good session with blue cheese. And wine.

Sort by
  • Aaron says
    Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation. icloud login onlinesbi bob net banking The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something. That's the only thing that never fails. You may grow old and trembling in your anatomies, you may lie awake at night listening to the disorder of your veins, you may miss your only love, you may see the world about you devastated by evil lunatics, or know your honour trampled in the sewers of baser minds. There is only one thing for it then — to learn. Learn why the world wags and what wags it. That is the only thing which the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by, never fear or distrust, and never dream of regretting. Learning is the only thing for you. Look what a lot of things there are to learn.”  andhra bank net banking aipmt result gst login income tax login jobs villa neet 2017 ignou jee main jee advanced 2017 “If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.” ipu cet gate 2017 result www.apct.gov.in annamalai university axis bank login bitsat 2017 cheap car insurance corporation bank net banking ctet cusat cat “I am not a teacher, but an awakener.”  dena bank login goacet hdfcnetbanking icici net banking login idbi net banking lic login passport seva login ucoebanking unionbankonline vijaya bank net banking jeecup entrance exam “Spoon feeding in the long run teaches us nothing but the shape of the spoon.” pnb net banking uan member portal onlinesbh boi net banking scholarship in india cbse result sol du boau exam 2017 metro card recharge “Prejudices, it is well known, are most difficult to eradicate from the heart whose soil has never been loosened or fertilised by education: they grow there, firm as weeds among stones.”
  • says
    In 2001 Siamak Bay, a university graduate in agriculture and plant breeding, established Greenbay Northern Landscaping in richmond hill. At first with a small crew (less than 10) he provided lawn and garden services, but soon Greenbay Northern Landscaping expanded by hiring more skilled staff to fulfill the demand for all type of landscape services including; landscape design, paving stone interlocking, retaining walls, pool and patio, custom fence and deck and etc.. Having responsible and knowledgeable staff is a major part of our success. Siamak’s dream of a full service company materialized faster than his own expectation. Greenbay Northern is proud to say that it has many happy and satisfied customers. Strong handshakes with the phrase “You have delivered beyond my expectation” are proof to us that we once again have met our goal in customer service. Please visit our gallery to see our love for nature, our art work, our passion. We will be pleased to sit down with you, listen to your expectations and deliver the best.
    aurora landscaping
  • says
    Apex Vitality Serum of Youth
    Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job.
  • says
    press release app
    This was one of my favorite websites. Thank you for this wonderful
  • says
    long island pr firms
    It was a decent post in reality. I altogether delighted in understanding it in my lunch time. Will without a doubt come and visit this blog all the more frequently. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing.
  • says
    aurora landscapingn
  • says
    aurora landscapingn

• New Member says
      This is an awesome article a debt of gratitude is in order for sharing this instructive data. I will visit your website routinely for some most recent post. I will visit your website frequently for Some most recent post. AIRPORT CAB MINNESOTAA
    • fdf says
      Much thanks to you such a great amount for sharing this incredible blog.Very motivating and accommodating too.Hope you keep on sharing a greater amount of your ideas.I will love to peruse. here
    • New Member says
      Recent times when internet has so much gossiping and stuff, your content really refreshes me. custom craftsman house plans
    • New Member says
      Doubtlessly this is an amazing post I got a great deal of learning in the wake of perusing good fortunes. Topic of online journal is phenomenal there is very nearly everything to peruse, Brilliant post. assisted living in baton rouge

Want to have your say?

It's quick, easy and 100% free.

Features

Endorsed Events

• SpringBreakFIJI SpringBreakFIJI

Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island

• The Fijian Cup The Fijian Cup

The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...

• Rock Island VANUATU Rock Island VANUATU

From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...

• Summit FIJI Summit FIJI

Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends