The Style Glossy: Beauty Counter
Makeup Tips for the Season’s Bold New Face
By Tasha Reiko Brown for The Style Glossy
To look beautiful as the weather slowly begins to cool, you have to use a makeup strategy that’s different from the one you used in February. Sticking with summer’s bronzer will just look fake. What’s more refreshing and modern is giving the season its own signature face.
This year, the frosty shades and tinsel-like shine are gone. Elegant matte texture has taken their place, and lips and cheeks are swept with bright pops of candy colour. Yes, it’s a bold statement, so here’s how to get it right!
1. Add richer moisturisers to your skin care regimen. As the weather starts to cool, depending on your skin type, your skin may start to dry and become parched. Matte foundation can catch on these dry patches, so you need to make sure your skin is plumped up and well-hydrated. Applying a thick moisturiser in the morning can add sheen to a matte face; instead, hydrate before bedtime with a luxurious extra-emollient night cream.
2. Go matte with minimal product. Choose a matte textured foundation in your exact shade and apply sparingly. Set it with a light dusting of translucent powder applied with a large, loosely bristled powder brush.
3. Flatter your eyes with subtle makeup. This season’s bold, bright look is focused on lips or cheeks. While you don’t want to overlook your eyes, you will want to enhance them with neutral makeup. First, give them a bit of a boost by applying a thin black line with a cream or liquid liner very close to the lash line. Define the crease of your lid with a neutral shade of brown or grey shadow. Apply with a crease brush in a half-moon shape. Curl your lashes, and then apply two coats of black mascara.
4. Choose between your cheeks or lips for the bold pop of colour. If you have full lips with pout to spare, go for an assertive mouth. If your cheekbones are high, do an amazing blush flush. Pick only one area or you’ll look overdone. For your colour choices, think flowers and fruit rather than jewels — juicy red, rosy pink, ripe peach. Fair-skinned ladies look best in cooler pastel shades, while darker beauties should choose warm, blue-based shades.
5. If you’ve chosen your lips for that extra oomph, apply a matte lipstick straight from the tube. You’ll want to skip the liner so the look is soft. A nice bonus: Matte lipstick lasts longer than satin textures, so you won’t need to touch up for hours. Balance a bold mouth with a soft, natural blush along the cheekbone.
6. Playing up your cheeks? Moderation is key. Apply too much colour and you’ll look like you have windburn. Apply too little and the effect doesn’t pack enough punch. Most cream formulas have a sheen finish, so choose a powder blush, which layers beautifully over matte skin. With an angled blush brush, apply the colour right along your cheekbone. Building up colour slowly as opposed to heaping it on will keep you from looking clownish. Finish with a slight touch of colour to lips.
Embrace bright colour this season and you’ll beat the blues gorgeously!
Tasha Reiko Brown is a celebrity makeup artist who helps get young Hollywood radiant for photo shoots and countless red carpet events.
Comedy Review: Puppetry of the Penis
I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure this would be... Join the Discussion..
How I Finally Faced My Weight & Debt Problems
New Member says
Get rewarded with money and free gift cards from brand name stores by answering market research... Join the Discussion..
At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet. Plato
I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments... Join the Discussion..
People like numbers
New Member says
I like your post & I will always be coming frequently to read more of your post. Thank you very... Join the Discussion..
You re in point of fact a just right webmaster. The website loading speed is amazing. It kind of... Join the Discussion..
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends