Thank you notes are part of the wedding process. It may seem like a silly thing to do, but it's a tradition and an expected part of getting married. You may never know how much a thank you note means to someone who helped you share your special day.
That's the mission of a thank you note: to share your appreciation for someone sharing in your special day and for their contribution to your new life via a gift.
Here's a list of people you should include on your thank you note list:
· Guests who brought gifts
· Musician (unpaid or close family friend)
· Friends and relatives who sent gifts but did not attend the wedding
· Anyone else you considered an integral part of your special day
Your thank you note should be on formal stationery. A monogrammed card is a great option for your thank you notes. Go here to get a custom monogram design. Another great option is this foiled noted in gold or silver.
What do you say on a thank-you note?
- Your message depends on the purpose of your note. Keep the mission in mind: you are sharing your appreciation for their contribution to your wedding and new life.
- A thank you note for a gift should include the following;
- A message about how you will use the gift in your home.
- A message about how much you appreciate their presence at the wedding (if they attended).
- A message about how much you missed the person(s) if they were unable to attend the wedding.
- A message thanking them for their support in your new life.
- A thank you note to an attendant should include the following:
- A message about how much they supported you in your journey to the alter and beyond.
- A message about how much their friendship means to you.
- A message about any gifts/showers/specific contributions they made to your wedding.
- Your wishes for your continued friends.
- A thank you note to a parent should include:
- A message about how much you appreciate their support/financial contribution to your wedding.
- A message of thanks for any special gifts they gave you and your new husband.
- A message of your appreciation for their help in getting you where you are today.
- A thank you note to a musician or other ceremony helper that was unpaid or is part of your circle of friends or family should include:
- A message of appreciation of their contribution to your wedding.
- A message of appreciation for them giving their time to your special day.
- A message of appreciate of their support and friendship.
- A thank you note to the officiate should include:
- A message of appreciation for their counseling.
- A message of appreciation for their contribution to the ceremony.
Writing thank you notes can seem to be a daunting task, but if you divide them up into these categories, you will have a place to start. Set a timetable of getting them out within three months of the wedding. You can do it!
He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. Friedrich Nietzsche
I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would... Join the Discussion..
Exclusive interview with Brent Clayton from Fire Recruitment Australia
Thanks so much for this information. I have to let you know I concur on several of the points you... Join the Discussion..
You've got a movie where the pro-choice family gives their daughter no choice. The pro-life family murders.
New Member says
We have a fantastic range of quality products available at our main site, including domestic... Join the Discussion..
Conductive Education - a life line for disabled children
New Member says
I know this is one of the most meaningful information for me. And I'm animated reading your... Join the Discussion..
God defend me from my friends; from my enemies I can defend myself. Unknown
New Member says
I think this is an informative post and it is very beneficial and knowledgeable. Therefore, I would... Join the Discussion..
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends