Every bride wants her attendants to feel beautiful, but sometimes choosing the right dress that will flatter every bridesmaid is a daunting task. You find yourself searching the Internet, and going to several dress shops. You will look at what feels like a thousand bridesmaid's dresses in your efforts to pick the perfect one. Well, don't fret! Here are some great tips for choosing the perfect bridesmaid's dress that is flattering on every body type.
1. Take your bridesmaids with you when you go dress shopping. This will allow every girl to have a say, especially if you are trying to pick the same dress. Do your best to listen to them as they express how they feel, but in the end you should remember that it's your wedding and you shouldn't be afraid to pick something you like.
2. A-line skirts, empire waists, and V-necklines tend to look great on every body style. You should also avoid bodices if your bridesmaids are flat chested. So, when you are at the dress shop with your bridesmaids have the consultant bring several selections in these styles for your bridesmaid's to try on.
3. Color is also a key element in choosing a dress that is flattering on everyone. As much as you love a certain shade of peach, the reality is that it probably won't look good on everyone, especially if one of your bridesmaids is a redhead. Try to choose a color that goes great with your color scheme, and still looks great on everyone.
4. You may also consider jackets or shawls for your older or plus-sized bridesmaids. A jacket or shawl will help to hide arms or draw attention away from them since arms are often an area of embarrassment for these women.
5. Search for styles and colors that could be worn again to another formal, especially if you are asking your bridesmaids to purchase there own gowns. No one wants to spend a lot of money on a dress they will never wear again.
6. If all else fails, don't be afraid to go with different dresses in the same style. Especially if the body shape of your bridesmaid's differs extremely from girl to girl, you should choose a color and then let all your girls pick a style of dress they are comfortable in. This is actually a going trend in the bridal industry for bridesmaids' gowns. In fact, David's Bridal recently introduced a collection of bridesmaids' dresses that came in the same color, but in different styles. So, if you can't find one dress that flatters everyone, this may be the route you want to go.
The best thing to do is just to follow your instincts and keep your bridesmaids included in the shopping experience. Be sure to have an open mind and listen to any suggestions they may have. Remember these women have volunteered their time and even their checkbooks to help you out on your special day, so show your appreciation by putting them in a dress that everyone will love.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3374093
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends