Why people who oppose your interracial/long distance/homosexual/transgender relationship shouldn’t matter:
- Healthy, loving relationships contribute towards making our society a better place to live. They deserve to be supported. If you’re both consenting adults, you love one another, you see eye to eye on the important stuff and you’re both committed to making the relationship work, there’s nothing to apologise for. Least of all your skin colour or your circumstance.
- For perspective consider the fact that our culture is full of people who are more supportive of hetero-normative couples they don’t even know. People who would probably worship celebrity couples (local or otherwise) – two beautiful people who look like the perfect ‘traditional’ pair but have an unhealthy and even abusive relationship – really shouldn’t have any weigh-in on your choices.
- Bigots are selfish people who are disconnected from reality and no amount of evidence that relationships unlike the one their culture/religion/politics advocates can be happy, productive and healthy will convince them that they aren’t actually unnatural, unhealthy or unhappy. They’re even angrier when they have to explain this to their children.
- You will notice that the people who most oppose your relationship are also those who would never be in your situation. This is the problem with detractors – they hold the Big Book of Rules for EVERYONE ELSE. They aren’t concerned with issues as a whole, but with saying why their inherent preference is better than yours, for YOUR LIFE, without your solicitation.
- All relationships have problems and need commitment and compromise to work. Just because your relationship may have some ‘unusual’ obstacles doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be together. People who discourage you because it’s ‘harder’, ignore the fact that it’s also harder because society makes it that way. Tell them they should rather stop giving in to the status quo and start supporting you.
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends