How to make Tomatoes tart
80 grams of rye flour
100 grams of wheat flour
60 grams of cold butter
pinch of salt
5-6 tablespoons of butter milk
700 grams of red and yellow tomatoes
300 ml of cream
2 tablespoons of dried herbs (oregano, basil, mint)
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1. Knead flour with butter till the butter is equally mixed with flour without big butter chunks.
2. Add buttermilk to knead uniformed dough. Do not prolong it, too much warm emitted by your hands may spoil shortcrust pastry.
3. Place it in a fridge for minimum 30 min.
4. Meanwhile, wash tomatoes, slice them and place in colander to remove excess of liquid. Whisk eggs, add cream, salt, nutmeg and herbs.
5. Take out the dough from the fridge, roll out, place into baking tray.
6. Bake 15 min in preheated oven in 180 C degrees.
7. Take out from the oven, pour over half of eggs & cream mixture, arrange tomatoes and pour remaining eggs & cream.
8. Continue baking about 25 min.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends