Tiramisu is probably my favourite dessert, and it's ridiculously easy to make. Seriously. A nice way to posh it up is to bake sponge cake and use that instead of sponge fingers, and then make it really neatly in a round or square cake tin, then slice it up, but I like it this way. More rustic. :)
4 eggs, separated
200g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup freshly brewed, extra strong coffee (or 1 cup worth of espresso), cooled
2 tbsp liquer (I like using either Kahlua or Marsala)
enough sponge fingers to line the base of your dish in two layers
A small block of semi-sweet chocolate (about 1 oz should do)
This recipe made 10 ramekins worth, so it'll serve 10 as a really small dessert, or probably make 4-6 generous helpings. Combine the liquer into the espresso. Resist the urge to add more, since you really just want a hint of it - you don't want to get drunk on your dessert. Or maybe you do, in which case add the whole bottle. :
1. Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until pale and frothy. It should form ribbons when you pull the whisk through the mixture. Whisk in the mascarpone.
2. Use an electric mixer or standing mixer to whisk up the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold this into the egg yolk and mascarpone mixture.
3. Dip a sponge finger briefly (they fall apart if you soak them for too long) into the coffee and liquer mixture, then place it in the base of your dish. Repeat until the base is covered in one layer.
4. Spoon over the egg-and-cheese mix, using about half. Grate over some chocolate, then make another layer of sponge fingers, and another layer of egg-and-cheese. Grate the rest of the chocolate over, or dust with cocoa powder.
6. Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours or for up to one day, then serve! Easy peasy, just like I told you.
Note: If you want, you can use a smaller, higher-sided dish and make many layers. I chose to do simple two-layered ones in ramekins for easy serving.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.
The original article is here: http://www.opensourcefood.com/people/FabFoodie/recipes/tiramisu
Is it safe? Marathon Man, 1976
New Member says
I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike other... Join the Discussion..
My life is every moment of my life. It is not a culmination of the past. Hugh Leonard
New Member says
very interesting keep posting. hifu facelift cost singapore Join the Discussion..
The Perfect Jeans Wardrobe
You using a Whole Lot of helpful advice Has made the incredible location. You will complete the... Join the Discussion..
Beach, Beats & BBQs at The New Zealand Herald Christmas Carnival Boxing Day Races
I feel very grateful that I read this. It is very helpful and very informative and I really learned... Join the Discussion..
Forget it, Jake, it's Chinatown. Chinatown, 1974
New Member says
If you are looking for more information about flat rate locksmith Las Vegas check that right... Join the Discussion..
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends