You will need:
- Paper lanterns – as many as you want, whatever size you want
- 2 – 3 metres of light fabric per lantern
- Glue gun
What to do:
- Before you start, print out a 7.5 - 10cm diameter circle – trace onto cardboard to use as a template
- Trace circles onto your fabric – fit as many on to your piece of fabric as possible
- Once your circles of fabric are traced and cut out, you can begin to glue them to your paper lantern
- Fold the circles in half, and stick a dab of glue in the middle. Fold it in half once more to seal.
- Put another dab of glue at the bottom of the folded circle and attach to your lantern
- Make sure to mix and match the directions that you place the circles
- Continue doing this until your paper lantern is covered in beautiful ruffled fabric
- Attach a long piece of ribbon to the hook inside the top of the paper lantern and hang it (you can screw inexpensive hooks into the ceiling) – it looks good to hang a couple of different sized lanterns on different levels
- Voila! You have a colourful, hanging art piece, tailored to exactly how you want it
For more cool crafts, come along to the Craft & Quilt Fair. It has everything you need to become a cunning crafter including displays of handmade crafts for inspiration, workshops so you can learn something new, and plenty of unique crafting supplies.
The Craft and Quilt Fair
When: Thursday 14th – Sunday 17th February
Where: Arena 2, Arena Manawatu, Palmerston North
Address: 61 Pascal Street, Palmerston North, 4410
Time: 10am – 4.30pm daily
Tickets: Adult $14, Senior $12, Child (5 – 16 years) $10, under 5 - FREE
For more information, visit www.craftevents.co.nz
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends