You will need:
- Key of your choice off an old keyboard
- Beading wire or a thin chain
- Necklace clasp
- Crimping beads
What to do:
1. Take an old keyboard you no longer use and select a key of your choice: the first letter of your name; delete; escape; power; command; home – it’s up to you!
2. Turn the keyboard upside down and remove the small screws. Remove the bottom, then push out the desired keys with a screwdriver.
3. If the keys are dirty, soak in soapy water.
4. Pierce a hole on each side of the key with a large needle or tiny drill
5. Sand the edges of the holes and back of the key with sandpaper to prevent scratching.
6. Thread the chain or beading wire through each hole.
Attaching the clasp:
7. Check the length of the necklace in the mirror then pinch the wire on one side with your thumb and finger to mark the right length at the back on one strand of the wire.
8. Slide a crimp bead down to meet your fingers then slide your fingers down another 1cm. Squash the crimp firmly.
9. Slide one side of your clasp down the wire then take the end of the wire and bring it back down through the crimp and the bead so that the clasp is sitting in a loop of wire.
10. Pull the wire tight, so that the clasp just sits tidily in a small loop. Squash the crimp firmly.
11. Repeat clasp instructions with the other end of your necklace.
For more cool crafts, come along to the Craft & Quilt Fair. It has everything you need to become a cunning crafter including displays of handmade crafts for inspiration, workshops so you can learn something new, and plenty of unique crafting supplies.
The Craft & Quilt Fair
When: 6th – 9th September 2012
Where: Claudelands Conference & Exhibition Centre, Hamilton
Address: Corner of Heaphy Terrace & Brooklyn Road, Claudelands
Time: 10am – 4.30pm daily
Tickets: Adults $14, Seniors $12, Child (5-16 years) $9, under 5s - FREE
Family and multi-day passes are also available. For ticket purchase and more details go to www.craftfair.co.nz
Nobody puts Baby in a corner. Dirty Dancing, 1987
New Member says
You might want to use that link building way which will most beneficial compliments your... Join the Discussion..
Politics is the art of the possible. Otto von Bismarck, 1867
I think it could be more general if you get a football sports activity view more Join the Discussion..
Was this the face that launched a thousand ships? Christopher Marlowe, 1593
Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching... Join the Discussion..
BMW Polo Open Promises Summer’s Best Day Out in 2014
I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you... Join the Discussion..
The Enemies of Wine: What Not to Eat When Drinking
New Member says
You agreement for your tasks stand out of the crowd. there is something unique kind of them. It... Join the Discussion..
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends