How to make Chocolate Truffles
Do chocolate truffles really need introduction?! It's chocolate! It's good! Try it!
*250g good dark chocolate ( at least 70% cocoa) / broken into small pieces.
*250ml double cream
*50g unsalted butter / dice up and bring to room temperature (till it's soft, do not let it melt)
*1/4 heaped teaspoon of instant coffee granules
*cocoa powder to dust
In the picture you see above, I have added some chopped up hazelnut. You can of course add any kind of chopped up nuts that you fancy. How about try adding little bit of alcohol too?! like brandy!
1. Put the cream into a saucepan and bring it up to boiling point.
2. Put the chocolate and coffee into a mixing bowl and slowly pour the boiling cream onto the mixture. Gently stir until all the chocolate has melted, then leave to cool for approx 2-3 min.
3. Add the butter lumps and continue to stir gently. When you are done the ganache should have the consistency of mayonnaise and not have a oil slick floating on the surface.
4. Let your mixture cool for at least 3 hours in the fridge, or best to leave over night in a cool airy room.
5. Make sure your hands are cool, then spoon a little bit of the mixture into your hand and shape to desired size. Finally roll the chocolate balls in some cocoa powder and enjoy!
The truffles can be kept for up to two days if just dusted in cocoa powder. If you want it to last longer, you can dip the chocolate balls in liquid chocolate before finally dusting them with cocoa powder.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.
The original article is here: http://www.opensourcefood.com/people/dubow/recipes/chocolate-truffles
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends