How to make Avocado Mango Salad with Grilled Shrimp
2 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 Hass avocados, pitted, peeled & cubed
1 mango, peeled and diced
Lime wedges, for serving
1 mango, peeled and finely diced (1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
1 Scotch bonnet or habanero chile, seeded & diced
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat gas grill to high.
2. Make the dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients (except oil) in a blender and blend until smooth. While blender is running, remove lid and pour in oil in a steady stream.
3. Continue blending for several seconds, then remove and set aside.
4. Prepare the shrimp: Rinse shrimp and pat dry with a papertowel. Add about 1/3 cup of dressing and toss to coat. Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes. String onto wooden or metal skewars for grilling. Grill over high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from grill, let cool, them remove from skewars.
5. In a large bowl, combine mango, avocado and grilled shrimp. Add dressing to taste; toss lightly and serve.
6. In this picture, I dressed fresh mizuna from the garden with a little dressing and topped it with the grilled shrimp salad.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends