How to make Lemon Chicken
It's important to note that most Lemon Chicken recipes require that the chicken and sauce be stir-fried together. To keep with the chicken's crispiness after deep frying, the recipe is modified to keep the sauce on the side. :) The sauce is also thin and watery in comparison to restaurant kinds
*½ kg skinless chicken breast fillets
*1 tbs light soy sauce
*1 tbs Rice Wine
*1 tbs grated ginger
*1 clove of garlic, minced
*1 finely chopped spring onion
*100 grams sweet potato flour
or cornflour if unavailable
*6 tbs. lemon juice
*6 tbs. sugar
*1 ½ tsp. salt
*1 ½ tsp. sesame oil
* 9 tbs. chicken stock/ water
1. Cut the chicken into slices and place in a bowl. Add the rice wine, ginger, garlic and spring onion and toss lightly. Place in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour, or you can leave it overnight.
2. Cut the chicken into slices and place in a bowl. Add the rice wine, ginger, garlic and spring onion and toss lightly. Place in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour, or you can leave it overnight.
3. Fill a wok one quarter full of oil and heat. With a disposable wooden chopstick, test to see if the oil is at a suitable temperature for cooking by dipping a wooden disposable chopstick into the frying vat. If oil bubbles are observed around the immersed portion of the chopstick, proceed to add half the chicken, a piece at a time.
4. Stir the pieces of chicken consistently for around 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove the chicken pieces with a wire sieve or a slotted spoon and drain the excess oil. Repeat the procedure with the remaining pieces of chicken. Plate the fried pieces when removed of excess oil.
5. To make the sauce, mix together the lemon juice, salt, sugar, stock, sesame oil. Divide the sauce into separate dipping saucers according to the number of diners. Serve along side the chicken fillets.
This is best served once ready! :) Enjoy.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.
The original article is here: http://www.opensourcefood.com/people/brilight/recipes/lemon-chicken
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends