No matter how positive your outlook on life is, we all get cranky once in a while. We live in a fast paced society. People are working longer hours, sleeping less and facing greater financial challenges then in their parent's generation.
Luckily fitness is exceptionally beneficial to your mood. Being physical releases endorphins through the pituitary gland (sometimes referred to as "runners high") that will make you feel happy and give you a sense of well being for hours after exercise is completed.
Here are ten exercises that will make you feel great:
1. Running. Nothing beats the freedom of running. To be able to cover so many miles with nothing but your sneakers is liberating! Soak up some sun. fresh air and feel great all day afterward.
2. Yoga. The classic anti-stress activity. People take yoga classes purely to unwind. Yoga heals your body and mind. Not only do the poses release toxins in your muscles but you feel elated and dreamy after a class. You sleep great too!
3. Weight Lifting. Lifting makes you feel good about yourself. It makes you feel strong and sexy. After a challenging lifting routine you feel pumped both physically and mentally. Sweaty muscles plus the feeling of satisfaction will make anybody feel good in their own skin!
4. Swimming. Swimming laps, or even playing in the water is refreshing! Not only does swimming burn a ton of calories and tone your muscles but it relaxes you. Just don't get chlorine in your eyes. Ow!
5. Martial Arts. Martial arts is more than learning how to kick butt! Not only do you train your body to be physically ready for anything, you train your mind as well. Being able to handle physical and mental challenges with ease is extremely important for reducing stress and unhappiness.
6. Walking. Walking is such a simple solution to a bad mood. Even 15 minutes can make you forget your troubles. If you have a lot to deal with, go for a walk and think it over. It clears the cobwebs quite effectively.
7. Sex. Sexual activity also releases endorphins as well as dopamine, another "feel good" hormone. Sex cures headaches, increases your self esteem and definitely improves a bad mood!
8. Extreme Sports. Rock climbing, white water rafting and even skydiving will make you feel great. Not only will you feel absolutely exhilarated from the adrenaline pumping through your body but you will feel like you are the bravest person in the world! Nothing beats the "Wow I did this!" feeling!
9. Dancing. Whether it's at a club or in your living room letting loose with some of your favourite moves, dancing is incredibly uplifting. There are a ton of outdoor festivals in the summer where you can get your groove on with thousands of people outside. Giant street parties are the best for making you feel alive and well!
10. House/Yard Work. A cluttered home equals a cluttered mind! Getting chores out of the way and tidying up your living space is mentally satisfying. It helps your mood to finish things you have been meaning to get done for ages.
Personally speaking, I feel fantastic after participating in every one of these activities. The feeling motivates me to continue living an active and healthy lifestyle. If I thought of exercise as another chore that has to be finished everyday on top of my work load, I'd hate exercise! The trick is to find activities you truly enjoy so when it comes time to working out it becomes "You time." You are doing something for yourself, that makes you feel great!
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends