Discussing :: Vote for the Best Albums of 2011

Today is December 1st, which for most people marks the first day of Summer – for me it means getting my end of year music lists together. Over the next month, all music magazines and websites will put forth their ‘Best Albums of 2011’ list. It comes every year, yet it never gets any easier. Choosing the top records of the year requires all sorts of revisiting, reshuffling and general anxiety.  This year for the first time in Chelsey's history, I am opening it up to our readers to have a say. One man’s opinion is meaningless, but with your votes I can feel far more confident in crowning the champion. Just to jog your memory,... read full article

SarahC
Vote for the Best Albums of 2011

Adele! She rocks.

Cinty

I have to agree with you on that one! Definitely my favorite!

Juliet

same here

Kathryn

Adele - 21

jewelz

My pic is The Darkroom by an Aussie band called the Angels very hard to get a complete copy of but everysong blends well into the next and no one else sounds like them really cool

Foreverme

Hi Music Man,
I wish Lady6 had done an Album this year she is awesome.
Adele 21
Gin Wigmore Gravel and Wine
Midnight Youth World comes calling
Kanye West and Jay- Z Watch the Throne
Mylo Xyloto Coldplay
Teenage Dream Katy Perry
Ceremonials Florence and the machine
Vows Kimbra
Own the night Lady Antebellum
and just to add a bit of controversy, hey just loved to shuffle at parties this year to Party Rock anthem
Sorry for Party Rocking LMFAO
ooops left out Bruno Mars another great artist ah well all my choices are above.

julz1983

Adele - 21

Wice

I find it almost impossible to keep up with new releases. I already have so much great music that I don't get much of a chance to listen to. Right now my cup is overflowing with music! I need more hours in the day!

Gail

Oh the Foo's just amp it up year after year - seasoned professionals that are rocking the Southern world right now - see you next Tues fans. How does Dave manage to send out so many great 'pop'songs but disguise it with overflowing guitars - obviously a big fan. Ditto for Kings of Leon. However, Kiwi music is having a strong year too welcome to 6sixty, and Gin Wigmore needs mention too, I could go on and on .....

Char

Adele - 21 - There are so many great songs from that album

jbutterfly

Agreed with most people here :)

Adele xox

Foreverme

Hi Music Man I have asked my FB friends to have there say on the 10 Album choices responses so far

GH
Talk That Talk Rhianna
Watch the Throne JayZ and Kayne West
Hands all Over Maroon 5
Adele 21
Pink Friday Nicki Minaj
Stronger Kelly Clarkson
Now 40 Various Artists
Ceremonials Florence and The Machine
Born This Way Lady Gaga
Mylo Xyloto Coldplay

I hope this helps and I will post any more choices that I get it's going a bit slow.

julz1983

Some of these albums mentioned were released in 2010 e.g. Nicki Minaj - Pnk Friday

starsong001

Has to be Adele :)

My fav ten would be:

Kanye West and Jay-Z - Watch the Throne
Foster The People - Torches
Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
Adele - 21
M83 - Hurry Up, We're Dreaming
Jamie xx - We're New Here
Drake - Take Care
Radiohead - The King of Limbs
Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto
Arctic Monkeys - Suck It and See

Dee-Dee

...yep some great one's in that list totally agree....

ClaireElizabeth

Adele 21, even hubby has been listening to it.

Features

Endorsed Events

• SpringBreakFIJI SpringBreakFIJI

Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island

• The Fijian Cup The Fijian Cup

The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...

• Rock Island VANUATU Rock Island VANUATU

From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...

• Summit FIJI Summit FIJI

Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends