Discussing :: The Do's And Don'ts Of Leggings - a guide for 2013 onwards.

5 Star Chikita
The Do's And Don'ts Of Leggings - a guide for 2013 onwards.

The Do's And Don'ts Of Leggings

To spandex or not to spandex? It’s a question for the ages if there ever was one. Few debates have splintered the fashion masses as decisively as whether or not to employ spandex pants as, well, pants.

To some women, it’s just plain tasteless to show off one’s backside, even if it’s technically covered in 98% polyester.

On the other hand, you can find whole tumblr blogs devoted to the trend, and even celebrity fashionistas have been there, done that.

The 10 Commandments of Leggings:

Do wear leggings with tunics.

Don’t wear them with a short shirt or jacket that doesn’t cover your bum and front.

Do pair them with boots.

Don’t wear leggings that are too sheer. If you lift your arms or bend over and we can see skin or your underwear is showing through, that’s more than we want to see.

Do experiment with different colors and textures.

Don’t wear leggings with an oversized print in the areas you’re trying to minimize – this will just make those areas look bigger.

Do wear them under a dress that’s a little on the short side.

Don’t wear leggings that end at the knee or slightly below – this length isn’t even flattering on a 6-foot model. Though i wish it flattered me.

Do pair them with wedge sneakers, a long T-shirt and a leather jacket, for an edgier look.

And, finally…

Don’t wear leggings as pants – they are leggings for a reason.

Thats all folks

kelseyfeisst

I love leggings for long tops dresses and tunics but definitely not as pants! The 'Camel Toe' is so well seen with leggings that woman wear as pants and is very horrendous. All though I think leggings are ok to be worn at the gym or as work out clothes...

bike

I was perusing your article and thought about whether you had considered making a digital book on this subject. You're composing would offer it quick. You have a great deal of composing ability. http://bikiniguide04.blogminds.com/deciding-upon-immediate-methods-of-beach-body-guide-2457234

5 Star Chikita

pic to go with it :)

StillMe

That's pretty clever.

Though, fortunately, I've never actually had much of a problem in the 'are they pants or leggings dept'. They are always pants :)

bike

The data you have posted is extremely valuable. The destinations you have alluded was great. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing... fiftyfiveprint Special Offer

meeetara

If you paired them with leg warmers, and ran on the spot - you could get away with wearing a leotard too... Then they would be more than just leggings

T.J.

I still have a pair of leggings that I wore in high school. I'm 38..... They are full of holes and covered in bobbles but they just sooooo comfy. However, they have been relegated to the pyjama drawer so the worlds eyes are safe, as is my dignity.

Leggings are great - they hide a multitude of sins

Dee-Dee

I love wearing leggings especially in winter as suggested leggings with a nice dress or long tunic, not the patterned variety leggings just the full solid colours for me (not the bright colours) with a nice pair of ankle boots or some other boot along those lines,

Anna

the only real dont i ever see is the dont wear them so we can see your arse.. leggings dont flatter anyone in that area!

Shona

Excellent Do's and Don'ts, thank you. I see quite a lot of horrifying sights out there, no we don't want to see anyone's butts, big or small.

Lisa

leggings are NOT pants! I seriously don't understand people who wear them as pants. If you have a long top that covers your butt, then that's fine, but not on their own. bleh

Latest discussions

Endorsed Events

• SpringBreakFIJI SpringBreakFIJI

Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island

• The Fijian Cup The Fijian Cup

The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...

• Rock Island VANUATU Rock Island VANUATU

From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...

• Summit FIJI Summit FIJI

Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends