Long Island Iced Tea Drink

/img/placeholder.gif?aHR0cDovL2Zhcm01LnN0YXRpYy5mbGlja3IuY29tLzQxMTkvNDc4MTc3NjQ1NV9jMjU3MDJiOGQxLmpwZw==Long Island Iced Tea Drink - Classic Cocktail Drink Recipe.

2 cups ice cubes

½ Shot vodka

½ Shot gin

½ Shot white rum

½ Shot white tequila

1/4 Shot triple sec

2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice

1/2 cup Cola

2 lemon wedges

Shake everything but cola and wedges in a cocktail shaker. Pour into glasses and top with Cola, and a lemon wedge.

Check out the full selection of Classic Cocktail Recipes here >>

Sort by
  • KH says
    I've never tried a Long Island Iced Tea. It's on the list...
    • StillMe says
      Put it at the top of the list! They are the best!!
    • coco says
      Yes I would like to try one too
    • Cinty says
      Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Will have to go to Hamilton and get a pot of this :)
    • Lauren says
      Yum, a nice classic :)
    • Anna says
      omg these things get me sooooooo drunk!!!
    • Wice says
      ... and I always thought Long Island Iced Tea had tea in it! Since it doesn't, here is a yummy recipe for a cocktail that does and what's more, it t is equally good hot or cold:

GEORGIAN BEEKEEPERS TEA

Ingredients:
      600ml strong clear tea
      100gms honey
      7oz vodka
      A sprinkle of vanilla sugar on top (optional)

Method:
      Mix everything together and bring just to the boil. Serve hot in small cups or cool and serve in tall glasses with ice and a sprig of mint.
      • Anna says
        lol so did i until a couple of weeks ago!! thanks for the drink idea though... my ice tea drink idea was lipton ice tea and blue alize... and lots and lots of ice... its yummy!!!
      • Wice says
        I had a look at he history of Long Island Iced Tea and there are heaps of conflicting stories. The one I like best is that it was invented during the Prohibitiion when alcohol as not allowed) to look innocent like normal iced tea whereas in fact it "kicked a punch!" Apparently there are a number of cocktails disguised in this way.
      • Bernadette says
        These look great. Funny that they don't contain any 'tea'. When I saw this recipe I thought about homemade Iced Tea, It tastes fantastic (just as the bought stuff, ACTUALLY, even better!!).

I have some nice honey vodka at home which would go fantastic with this!! I think this recipe would go down a treat, just not keen on buying THREE more different types of alcohol - now that's a bit of an expensive exercise!!!
      • flowery3 says
        I think that is indeed the trouble with cocktails - all the weird ingredients required! WE just had a fanstastic club fundraiser at the North Shore croquet club - tabletop speed croquet and cocktails! Everyone donated a bottle of some kind of alcohol they had lying around but didnt use, and then we made an amazing cocktail menu up - it was fantastic fun! So maybe have a cocktail party with friends, bring a bottle style!
      • flowery3 says
        This one would be lovely with 42 below manuka honey vodka - delicious and immune boosting too!
        • KH says
          I've never tried the manuka honey flavoured one. It does sound good though!

Want to have your say?

It's quick, easy and 100% free.

Latest discussions

Endorsed Events

• SpringBreakFIJI SpringBreakFIJI

Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island

• The Fijian Cup The Fijian Cup

The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...

• Rock Island VANUATU Rock Island VANUATU

From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...

• Summit FIJI Summit FIJI

Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends