If you like your lunch to have a little spice in it then you’ve just got to try these delicious Stuffed Chillies. They’re easy to make but they’re unusual and incredibly tasty, and will liven up any day!
2 long green chillie peppers
Half an onion
1 and a half small new potatoes - or one small one and one even smaller one
1heaped teaspoons of garam masala, half heaped of ground coriander, half tsp salt, quarter tsp haldi (turmeric)
Pinch of onion seed (optional) and pinch of cumin seed (also optional - but very tasty)
Some coriander leaf if you have any
© Kitsen | Dreamstime.com
- Chop the onion sort of finely - and fry it in frying pan in a little vegetable oil.
- When the onions are soft throw in the pinches of onion and cumin seeds if you are using them. Fry it all about for a bit.
- Whilst the onion pan is going - boil or microwave the potatoes (in their skins if you are using new potatoes) until they are soft - should only take 3.5 mins in microwave if using small ones.
- And also carefully cut a slit in the green chillie peppers that you will eventually stuff the mixture into.
- When the potatoes are soft - let them cool a bit - and then dice them up.
- Add them to the frying pan and add all the spices and stir it around until the spices have infused into the mixture of potatoes and onions - it should only take say 5 minutes or so.
- Then empty the contents of the frying pan into a small bowl and mash up the potato and onion mixture with a fork until it is not so lumpy as before
- Then stuff all the mushed up mixture into the chillie peppers through the slits you created earlier - pack it all in real tight - but don't overfill. If you have any surplus mixture just eat it there and then.
- Then place the stuffed chillies into a frying pan with some more hot vegetable oil and fry for around 15 mins - turning over occasionally on all sides
- The outer skin of the chillies should be blistered and charred after a while - then transfer them to a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven (say 170 celcius) for a further 20 mins or so - this will soften the chillie peppers some more
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends