It’s often so hard to find low fat recipes that are tasty, but this recipe for a Low Fat Curried Chicken Salad Wrap is delicious, and a great way for using up leftovers too. It’s easy to make and will become a favourite in no time.
1 or half (depending on size/apetite) cooked chicken breast - sliced or cubed into small pieces
1 - 2 tablespoons low fat Greek yoghurt
Mango chutney 1 - 2 teaspoons
Half teaspoon curry powder (mild - medium)
Pinch salt & Pepper
1 medium tomato, sliced thickly
2 - 3 leaves cos lettuce or any other salad leaves
© Sally Scott | Dreamstime.com
- Mix the yoghurt, chutney, curry powder, salt and pepper together in a bowl, or make a jar of this "fake mayo" and keep in fridge for up to 3 days if making for more than one serving
- Add more or less ingredients to your personal taste
- Cut pitta bread lengthways down the middle, making a pocket for the filling
- Spread all around the inside with the curried mango yoghurt, usually around 2 tablespoons worth and press pitta together so it's evenly spread
- Peel back open, add sliced/cubed cooked chicken making sure all the bread has filling in it, grapes (optional), all of the tomato slices (if it all fits) and top generously with layers of lettuce leaves
- Enclose the pitta bread and press together tightly before wrapping in parchment, cling film or foil, to keep everything held together
- Alternatively, prepare the wrap in the same way and roll when ready before packing it the same way as the pitta so the wrap does not fall apart
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Win A Bakery Prize Pack From Marcel's
Chelsey has teamed up with Marcel’s to give away five bakery prize packs.
Win NZ Secondary Schools and Your Child. A Guide for Parents $34
The publication of New Zealand Secondary Schools and Your Child $34.99 is very timely in helping families make decisions for the...
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Jim Beam Rock Island is an all inclusive fully immersive travel experience which was brought into the music festival scene by Jim...