We know our Fresh foodies love their comfort foods and kiwi favourites. This Macaroni Cheese recipe is easy and delicious with lots of secret ingredients to make it extra lovable.
Easy and Delicious Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 300g packet elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered mustard
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup onion or shallots, finely diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large egg
- 350g grated tasty cheese (or be experimental and go edam, pecorino, gouda, cheddar, brie or parmesan – you decide!)
- 1 teaspoon round rock salt
- Fresh black pepper
Macaroni Cheese Top:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- Parsley and Oregano as garnish (a must!)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta to al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a separate pot, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and mustard and keep it moving for about five minutes. Make sure it’s free of lumps. Stir in the milk, onion, bay leaf, and paprika. Simmer for ten minutes and remove the bay leaf.
- Temper in the egg. Stir in 3/4 of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Fold the macaroni into the mix and pour into a 2-quart casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan and toss the bread crumbs to coat. Top the macaroni with the bread crumbs. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and rest for five minutes before serving.
- Salad and a little chilli sauce is the best way to dish it up
- And don’t be afraid to add greens via the way of grated zucchini, broccoli etc or even sliced tomato in the topping. More colour equals better for you!
Note: This heats up well in a microwave or the oven, even after refrigeration.
Interview: Kelly Wilson author of For the Love of Horses: The Wilson Sisters' Inspiring Journey to Save New Zealand's Wild Horses
New Member says
just check the map for the spring East Austin Studio Tour: 45 sites. Seventy Austin artists.... Join the Discussion..
He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. Friedrich Nietzsche
New Member says
Excellent information Providing by your Article thank you for taking the time to share with us... Join the Discussion..
Stella! Hey, Stella!A Streetcar Named Desire,1951
New Member says
Smartwatch Categories Latest Smartwatches Ticwatch C2+ Specifications, Features and Price Sale!... Join the Discussion..
Meet the brand new Suzuki Swift
I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in... Join the Discussion..
So you have just had a baby
Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is... Join the Discussion..
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends