We know our Fresh foodies love their comfort foods and kiwi favourites. This Macaroni Cheese recipe is easy and delicious with lots of secret ingredients to make it extra lovable.
Easy and Delicious Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 300g packet elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered mustard
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup onion or shallots, finely diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large egg
- 350g grated tasty cheese (or be experimental and go edam, pecorino, gouda, cheddar, brie or parmesan – you decide!)
- 1 teaspoon round rock salt
- Fresh black pepper
Macaroni Cheese Top:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- Parsley and Oregano as garnish (a must!)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta to al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a separate pot, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and mustard and keep it moving for about five minutes. Make sure it’s free of lumps. Stir in the milk, onion, bay leaf, and paprika. Simmer for ten minutes and remove the bay leaf.
- Temper in the egg. Stir in 3/4 of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Fold the macaroni into the mix and pour into a 2-quart casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan and toss the bread crumbs to coat. Top the macaroni with the bread crumbs. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and rest for five minutes before serving.
- Salad and a little chilli sauce is the best way to dish it up
- And don’t be afraid to add greens via the way of grated zucchini, broccoli etc or even sliced tomato in the topping. More colour equals better for you!
Note: This heats up well in a microwave or the oven, even after refrigeration.
Life is much shorter than I imagined it to be. Abraham Cahan
New Member says
I’m impressed aided by the surpassing not to mention preachy advertising for which you embellish... Join the Discussion..
It’s strange, isn’t it. You stand in the middle of a library and go aaaaagghhhh’ and everyone just stares at you. But you do the same thing on an aeroplane, and everyone joins in. Tommy Cooper
New Member says
I discovered this article while searching for some associated details on blog search ... It's a... Join the Discussion..
Weekly Cute Fix - 17 August 2015
I'm impressed, I must say. Very rarely do I come across a blog thats both informative and... Join the Discussion..
People like numbers
New Member says
The majority of the students aren't even mindful of thesis writing format. In the example of... Join the Discussion..
Beach, Beats & BBQs at The New Zealand Herald Christmas Carnival Boxing Day Races
I feel very grateful that I read this. It is very helpful and very informative and I really learned... Join the Discussion..
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends