This Pumpkin Bread is one of our favourite recipes. It’s healthy while still being absolutely bursting with flavour. Good fun to make, it’s a hugely versatile dish that you’ll adore!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
*1 tsp pumpkin-pie spice (a combo of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and allspice)
1 1/4 cups of sugar
1/2 of a cup of chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon of sugar (for the topping)
1 handful of toasted pumpkin seeds
© Olgalis | Dreamstime.com
- Preheat oven to 205 degrees C.
- Start by lightly greasing a loaf pan with softened butter and flour.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another large bowl, whisk, using a stand-up mixer, pumpkin puree, oil, eggs, *pumpkin-pie spice, 1 1/4 cups of sugar until smooth.
- Using a spatula, fold in flour mixture until just combined, making sure to not overmix the batter.
- Fold in walnuts and sprinkle handful of toasted pumpkin seeds on top.
- Add the batter to the greased/floured loaf pan.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a wooden pick or skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes, then invert. You can serve warm or room temperature.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Sometimes it is what's more a reasonably fine text that him and i unquestionably liked... Join the Discussion..
The smart drug used against the sleeping disorder and narcolepsy or shift work or depression is the... Join the Discussion..
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies. Thomas Jefferson
Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed... Join the Discussion..
Lives, like money, are spent. What are you buying with yours? Roy H. Williams
This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives... Join the Discussion..
He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. Friedrich Nietzsche
Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and... Join the Discussion..
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends