This Pumpkin Bread is one of our favourite recipes. It’s healthy while still being absolutely bursting with flavour. Good fun to make, it’s a hugely versatile dish that you’ll adore!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
*1 tsp pumpkin-pie spice (a combo of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and allspice)
1 1/4 cups of sugar
1/2 of a cup of chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon of sugar (for the topping)
1 handful of toasted pumpkin seeds
© Olgalis | Dreamstime.com
- Preheat oven to 205 degrees C.
- Start by lightly greasing a loaf pan with softened butter and flour.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another large bowl, whisk, using a stand-up mixer, pumpkin puree, oil, eggs, *pumpkin-pie spice, 1 1/4 cups of sugar until smooth.
- Using a spatula, fold in flour mixture until just combined, making sure to not overmix the batter.
- Fold in walnuts and sprinkle handful of toasted pumpkin seeds on top.
- Add the batter to the greased/floured loaf pan.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a wooden pick or skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes, then invert. You can serve warm or room temperature.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Interview: Kelly Wilson author of For the Love of Horses: The Wilson Sisters' Inspiring Journey to Save New Zealand's Wild Horses
New Member says
which can help us gather goods to fulfill our basic necessities. So we set out in search of some... Join the Discussion..
Oz the Great and Powerful
World-renowned OneRepublic will headline the pre-match entertainment at the NRL Grand Final 2020... Join the Discussion..
Privacy is dead.
I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about... Join the Discussion..
An education is not how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It is being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you do not know. Anatole France
Thanks for picking out the time to discuss this, I feel great about it and love studying more on... Join the Discussion..
My thing about going to the gym is that I leave my bracelets on, and I put on my makeup the way I would do it in real life, and I wear cute clothes
Choosing the best person for the position is often a task in itself and it is expensive. Taking... Join the Discussion..
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends