For a healthy salad with a difference, give this Marinated Herring Salad a try. It’s unusual yet highly delicious, and you will be amazed at the variety of tastes and textures in this meal. It’s a healthy meal that will be enjoyed by all, and is great for a hot summer’s day!
1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
250ml soured cream
120ml plain yogurt
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp caster sugar
2 tart dessert apples
2 pickled dill cucumbers, sliced and chopped1 pinch salt
1 pinch black pepper300g marinated herring fillets, drained
2 cooked potatoes, diced (optional)
1 cooked beetroot, sliced (optional)
1 tbs chopped dill, to garnish
© Moniphoto | Dreamstime.com
- Put the onion in a bowl, cover with cold water, and leave to soak for 15minutes.
- Drain well, then toss with the soured cream, yogurt, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Stir in the apple and pickles, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place half the herring in a serving dish and top with the potatoes and the beetroot, if using.
- Cover with half the soured cream sauce. Layer the remaining herring, potatoes, and beetroot over the sauce, then add the remaining sauce.
- Cover the dish tightly with cling film and refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- Sprinkle with dill just before serving.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Angels of Inspiration
Gain daily inspiration from Chelsey's angel cards.
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Midori SpringBreak FIJI,3rd – 16th - 21st August 2013
With six incredible acts and GeorgeFM in full support, Midori SpringBreakFIJI will be taking over Beachcomber Island Resort