For a healthy salad with a difference, give this Marinated Herring Salad a try. It’s unusual yet highly delicious, and you will be amazed at the variety of tastes and textures in this meal. It’s a healthy meal that will be enjoyed by all, and is great for a hot summer’s day!
1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
250ml soured cream
120ml plain yogurt
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp caster sugar
2 tart dessert apples
2 pickled dill cucumbers, sliced and chopped1 pinch salt
1 pinch black pepper300g marinated herring fillets, drained
2 cooked potatoes, diced (optional)
1 cooked beetroot, sliced (optional)
1 tbs chopped dill, to garnish
© Moniphoto | Dreamstime.com
- Put the onion in a bowl, cover with cold water, and leave to soak for 15minutes.
- Drain well, then toss with the soured cream, yogurt, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Stir in the apple and pickles, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place half the herring in a serving dish and top with the potatoes and the beetroot, if using.
- Cover with half the soured cream sauce. Layer the remaining herring, potatoes, and beetroot over the sauce, then add the remaining sauce.
- Cover the dish tightly with cling film and refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- Sprinkle with dill just before serving.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Winter time - Flu jab time
A good majority support having a 'flu jab'. Some people react to it. Some work places give a 'free... Join the Discussion..
Weekly Cute Fix - 23 April 2012
Hi, we apologize for the image. We did not notice the lopped ears. The picture was cute that is why... Join the Discussion..
How to lose my overweight? Please help!
Hello, what do you think about Lipovon? Do you have any intention to use it? Join the Discussion..
Apple cider vinegar?
New Member says
It is full of antibiotics so great for your immune system. Join the Discussion..
Win Tickets To The Food Show Christchurch Go Back
New Member says
Would love to see Masterchef winners Karena and Kasey cooking. Join the Discussion..