For a healthy salad with a difference, give this Marinated Herring Salad a try. It’s unusual yet highly delicious, and you will be amazed at the variety of tastes and textures in this meal. It’s a healthy meal that will be enjoyed by all, and is great for a hot summer’s day!
1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
250ml soured cream
120ml plain yogurt
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp caster sugar
2 tart dessert apples
2 pickled dill cucumbers, sliced and chopped1 pinch salt
1 pinch black pepper300g marinated herring fillets, drained
2 cooked potatoes, diced (optional)
1 cooked beetroot, sliced (optional)
1 tbs chopped dill, to garnish
© Moniphoto | Dreamstime.com
- Put the onion in a bowl, cover with cold water, and leave to soak for 15minutes.
- Drain well, then toss with the soured cream, yogurt, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Stir in the apple and pickles, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place half the herring in a serving dish and top with the potatoes and the beetroot, if using.
- Cover with half the soured cream sauce. Layer the remaining herring, potatoes, and beetroot over the sauce, then add the remaining sauce.
- Cover the dish tightly with cling film and refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- Sprinkle with dill just before serving.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
My first prize was a colouring contest when I was 8, too. I won a torch. No idea what happened to... Join the Discussion..
What prize would you most like to win?
That's my dream trip, too! A year travelling with my two girls :) Join the Discussion..
Win Guinness World Records 2015 $49.99
Yes please...love these books! Join the Discussion..
The pictures... Join the Discussion..
Guinness Book of Records
The annual publication of this book never fails to amaze how so many new achievements - sensible or... Join the Discussion..