For a healthy salad with a difference, give this Marinated Herring Salad a try. It’s unusual yet highly delicious, and you will be amazed at the variety of tastes and textures in this meal. It’s a healthy meal that will be enjoyed by all, and is great for a hot summer’s day!
1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
250ml soured cream
120ml plain yogurt
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp caster sugar
2 tart dessert apples
2 pickled dill cucumbers, sliced and chopped1 pinch salt
1 pinch black pepper300g marinated herring fillets, drained
2 cooked potatoes, diced (optional)
1 cooked beetroot, sliced (optional)
1 tbs chopped dill, to garnish
© Moniphoto | Dreamstime.com
- Put the onion in a bowl, cover with cold water, and leave to soak for 15minutes.
- Drain well, then toss with the soured cream, yogurt, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Stir in the apple and pickles, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place half the herring in a serving dish and top with the potatoes and the beetroot, if using.
- Cover with half the soured cream sauce. Layer the remaining herring, potatoes, and beetroot over the sauce, then add the remaining sauce.
- Cover the dish tightly with cling film and refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- Sprinkle with dill just before serving.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Great relationships - couples vs married couples
Each to their own, you are the one to live with the decisions you make. We have been married for... Join the Discussion..
Win Āwhina’s People worth $34.95
I'd love to read this, looks like a fascinating book. I love reading about nz history. Join the Discussion..
Ideas for a cheap and casual wedding day
Beach wedding in summer with everyone bringing a plate instead of a gift is an awesome and cheap,... Join the Discussion..
Remington Smooth & Silky Easy EPILATOR!
New Member says
Have been off the maintenance band wagon for a while and should probably get back on. It just takes... Join the Discussion..
Love vs 'In Love"
There is defintely a difference. You can love the father of your children etc..but you have to be... Join the Discussion..