It’s often impossible to find healthy recipes that feel terribly indulgent, but these Guilt Free Chocolate Brownies do the job wonderfully. They are sweet, sticky and feel naughty, but they’re a great healthy way to enjoy brownies and they’re also great fun to make!
1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup natural granulated sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds, optional
1 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt or soy yogurt
2 tablespoons safflower oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup low-fat milk, rice milk, or soy milk, as needed
1/2 cup chocolate chips, preferably cane-juice sweetened
© Ken Cole | Dreamstime.com
- Preheat the oven to 176 C. Lightly oil a baking pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and flaxseeds, if using, in a mixing bowl and stir together.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the yogurt, oil, vanilla, and enough milk to make a smooth and slightly stiff batter.
-bStir until completely mixed, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until the sides of the cake begin to pull away from the pan, and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean (with the exception of the melted chocolate chips).
- Allow to cool in the pan until just warm, then cut into squares to serve.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends