Soup’s an absolutely wonderful meal to eat when you’re eating healthily, and this Green Herb Soup is delicious and incredibly healthy! It’s very easy to make and great to eat- spoil yourself today!
25 g butter
6 thick spring onions (and their green tops), thinly sliced
175 g potatoes, scraped and cubed
150 g outside lettuce leaves, or spinach leaves, de-stalked and shredded
425 ml light stock
2 rounded tablespoons chopped fresh herbs
150 ml single cream
a generous squeeze of lemon juice
salt and freshly milled black pepper
© Photooasis | Dreamstime.com
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized pan, and stir in the thinly sliced spring onions and the cubed potatoes.
- Stir and cook over a gentle heat so the vegetables soften gently without browning.
- Now stir in the shredded lettuce. Get it all nicely coated with butter.
- Then add the stock, bring to simmering point, cover and cook gently for about 10 minutes or just long enough for the potatoes to soften.
- Next pour the contents of the saucepan into a liquidiser.
- Add the chopped fresh herbs and the cream and blend until smooth.
- Return the puree to the pan and reheat, tasting and flavouring with the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve piping hot with some fresh, crusty wholewheat bread.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends