When you’re trying to find an entrée recipe that is perfect for vegetarians, these Zucchini Fritters will hit the spot time and time again. You’ll be amazed just how much the non-vegetarian among you love them too!
½ kg of zucchini (about 2 medium sized), coarsely grated
Ground black pepper
1 large egg
2 scallions, finely chopped
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup grape seed oil or olive oil
Sour cream or plain yoghurt
© Marina Saprunova | Dreamstime.com
- Salt the zucchini with about 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Try to remove the excess moisture from the zucchini by either squeezing the liquid out with a potato ricer, or by squeezing with paper towels.
- Whisk egg in a large bowl; add the zucchini, flour, scallions, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Mix to combine well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook fritters in two batches. Drop six mounds of batter (2 Tbsp each) into the skillet.
- Flatten slightly. Cook, turning once, until browned, 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle with salt. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve immediately, with sour cream or plain yoghurt on the side
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends