Fish is so often never considered for lunch, but it’s so nutritious and so versatile that it really should be! This Shrimp Tempura is perfect for entertaining or treating yourself to something special, and anybody that tries it will love it!
1/2 cup rice wine
1/4 teaspoon salt
200g fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 cups oil for deep frying
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup ice water
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white sugar
1 teaspoon shortening
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
© Ed Lawrence | Dreamstime.com
- In a medium bowl, mix rice wine and salt. Place shrimp into the mixture. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in deep-fryer or large wok to 190 degrees C.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all-purpose flour, ice water, cornstarch, egg yolk, salt, white sugar, shortening and baking powder.
- One at a time, dip shrimp into the flour mixture to coat. Carefully place a few shrimp at a time in the hot oil.
- Deep fry until golden brown on all sides, about 1 1/2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove from oil. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends