For a recipe with a twist that will surprise and delight any guests, try this Mussel Stew today. This entrée will be the talking point of any dinner party, and you won’t believe how easy it is too make too!
2 kl mussels in their shells
1 large chopped white onion
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley
2 tbsp butter for thickening
½ cup tomato
© Vladimir Melnik | Dreamstime.com
- Scrub mussels under running water then rinse well and throw away any with an open shell.
- Melt chopped onion in butter in a large saucepan.
- Add mussels and all remaining ingredients except salt, parsley and extra butter.
- Cook over very high heat and cover with a glass plate for 5 minutes.
- Fish them out of the liquid and only keep the top shells to which mussels are attached for serving.
- Return liquid to the heat and let it reduce by fast boiling with the lid off.
- You can now thicken this by melting the extra butter with 1 ounce flour and 1/2 cup thin cream.
- Add this to the soup in the pot and boil.
- When soup is ready pour it over the half shelled mussels and garnish with chopped parsley and tomato
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends