It’s tricky to come up with new ideas for dishes that you already make, but this Baked Potato with Gravy mixes an old dish with a new idea perfectly! It’s tasty, easy to make and it’s a great entrée meal, and one that will leave you satisfied for the rest of the day.
4 large baking potatoes
2 large chicken breasts
4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon flour
2 cups milk
1 cup sour cream
shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
© Carolyn J Thompson | Dreamstime.com
- Bake the potatoes at 200C for 1 hour, or until done.
- Boil chicken in water in a non-stick sauce pan until fully cooked through. Take chicken out of water, and cut up into bite size pieces, then put back in saucepan.
- In another saucepan melt butter, and then add flour, mixing until all lumps are out. Then add in milk and stir constantly while it gets to a rolling boil. Take off heat and let it cool.
- Put chicken back on heat in saucepan and let brown, adding salt and pepper, and the other spices as well to taste, making sure to turn every so often to get all sides browned. Once done, add milk roux to chicken, and if needed keep it warm until potatoes are done.
- When potatoes are ready, add sour cream into chicken gravy and mix well and open potatoes and pour gravy on top, adding cheddar if wanted.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Interview: Peter Alexander
New Member says
gave a recital here whilst in exile during the First World War. More bells were added in 1923 and... Join the Discussion..
Interview:Gregory O'Brien author of See What I Can See: New Zealand Photography for the Young and Curious
Thank you very much for this useful article. I like it. pname com facebook orca Join the Discussion..
Book Review: Calculated in Death by J. D. Robb
There are a lot of blogs over the Internet. But I can surely say that your blog is amazing in all.... Join the Discussion..
Needles and Pearls - Gil McNeil - May 2010
I am thankful to you for sharing this plethora of useful information. I found this resource utmost... Join the Discussion..
Friendship multiplies the good of life and divides the evil. Baltasar Gracian
New Member says
youtube Join the Discussion..
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends