It’s tricky to come up with new ideas for dishes that you already make, but this Baked Potato with Gravy mixes an old dish with a new idea perfectly! It’s tasty, easy to make and it’s a great entrée meal, and one that will leave you satisfied for the rest of the day.
4 large baking potatoes
2 large chicken breasts
4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon flour
2 cups milk
1 cup sour cream
shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
© Carolyn J Thompson | Dreamstime.com
- Bake the potatoes at 200C for 1 hour, or until done.
- Boil chicken in water in a non-stick sauce pan until fully cooked through. Take chicken out of water, and cut up into bite size pieces, then put back in saucepan.
- In another saucepan melt butter, and then add flour, mixing until all lumps are out. Then add in milk and stir constantly while it gets to a rolling boil. Take off heat and let it cool.
- Put chicken back on heat in saucepan and let brown, adding salt and pepper, and the other spices as well to taste, making sure to turn every so often to get all sides browned. Once done, add milk roux to chicken, and if needed keep it warm until potatoes are done.
- When potatoes are ready, add sour cream into chicken gravy and mix well and open potatoes and pour gravy on top, adding cheddar if wanted.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends