Everybody loves potato chips, but it’s never easy to know what shop bought ones contain. These Homemade Crispy Potato Chips are quick and easy to make from scratch, and they’re delicious too!
6 large russet potatoes
vegetable oil for deep frying
1 teaspoon sea salt
© Scott Karcich | Dreamstime.com
- Wash, scrub and peel the potatoes (leave skin on, if you want extra dietary fiber).
- Using a very sharp knife, cut potatoes into very thin slices (about ¼ - ⅛ inch rounds) and soak them in a bowl of iced water.
- Place the bowl in your refrigerator for 30-40 minutes. This will help to remove all the starch from the potatoes, making them ready for deep frying – make the chips crispier.
- You can also use a mandolin or blade attachment of food processor to slice potato paper thin.
- Remove, rinse a few times (water must be clear in the last rinse) and let drain completely. Then lay flat on kitchen towels and pat dry.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or a large saucepan until very hot.
- Gently lower potato slices into hot oil in small batches and deep fry for 3 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, shake off excess oil and drain on paper towels to remove the rest of the oil. Then transfer them to a big bowl.
- Dust with salt (or add your favorite chip seasonings) immediately while the chips are still hot so that the flavor adheres to the hot oil.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends