If you want an exotic dish that mixes the best of Eastern and Western cuisine, then look no further than this delicious Chicken Curry Salad. It’s quick and easy to make, and is so unusual that everybody will be left wanting more!
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 kg skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
2 heaping Tbsp yellow curry powder
1 cup raisins
1 apple (tart or sweet, your preference), peeled, cored, and diced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (just lightly packed)
2 green onions, sliced
© Carolyn J Thompson | Dreamstime.com
- Add chicken pieces and cook, stirring frequently until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle some salt on the chicken pieces while cooking. Check doneness by removing the thickest piece and cutting it in half.
- If it is still pink in the middle, keep cooking. Try not to overcook the chicken or it will be dry. Remove chicken pieces with a slotted spoon, set aside in a bowl.
- Add yellow onion and cook.
- After a few minutes, when the onions are beginning to get translucent, add 2 heaping tablespoons of yellow curry powder.
- Cook a few minutes more, stirring frequently. If the curry sticks to the bottom or the mixture gets dry, add a bit more olive oil to the pan.
- As you stir, scrape up the stuck curry bits. Add raisins, and cook, stirring another minute.
- Add raisin and onion mixture to chicken and mix well, coating the chicken pieces with the curry infused olive oil.
- Refrigerate until cool. At this point you can make the salad a day a head of time
- When you are ready to serve the salad, mix in the apple, green onions, and cilantro.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends