When people think of sushi they always think that making it is an impossible feat. With this gorgeous recipe for Unagi Sushi, that’s the case no more! Even sushi making beginners will find this recipe easy to make and great to eat.
1 package broiled, freshwater eel
1 tablespoon of rice wine
2 1/2 tablespoons of mirin
3 tablespoons of soy sauce (Kikkomens or something with less salt)
1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
1 cup sushi or japanese sticky rice
© Kasia Biel | Dreamstime.com
- Wash rice well, drain and let stand for 30 minutes in colander. When cooking rice, for 1 cup of rice add just a little less than 1 cup water in a rice cooker.
- 45 minutes after rice has been started, remove into a big mixing bowl (plastic or wood is best, metal is also OK) to speed the cooling process.
- Add 1-ounce of sushi su seasoning and mix well into rice. Let stand to cool. Periodically turn your rice to cool evenly. Do this for about 20 to 30 minutes, then cover.
- Mix the sugar, mirin, soy sauce and rice wine in a small sauce pan. Gently heat it on medium for about 11 minutes. It should become like syrup.
- Cut the eel into lengthwise and place them on a cookie sheet. You may want to use tinfoil to prevent sticking.
- Boil the meat for about a minute until it starts to bubble.
- Dip a small baking brush into your glaze and brush the top of each piece of eel
- Place a piece of your broiled eel on top of rice and fasten with a small piece of nori (seeweed).
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Interview: Kelly Wilson author of For the Love of Horses: The Wilson Sisters' Inspiring Journey to Save New Zealand's Wild Horses
New Member says
Network Speed Test measures your network connection's latency and throughput. Based on your... Join the Discussion..
Interview: Peter Alexander
New Member says
which afflicts 80 percent of the nation. High St runs parallel to Auckland's main drag google uk,... Join the Discussion..
Weekly Cute Fix - 16 June 2014
New Member says
Cool you compose, the data is generally excellent and intriguing, I'll give you a connection to my... Join the Discussion..
Pressure Points: Where Tax Reform Can Be Most Effective
I do agree with some of the points that you've made here about tax reforms. I will share this post... Join the Discussion..
He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. Friedrich Nietzsche
Very helpfull IDM Crack Join the Discussion..
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends