This gorgeous Steamed Chilli and Ginger Fish dish sounds as though it should be terribly complicated, but is actually a very easy dish to make. If you want an exotic dish that tantalizes the taste buds but doesn’t take much time to cook then give this a try today!
4 (about 200g each) firm white fish fillets
4cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
1 fresh long red chilli, deseeded, cut into matchsticks
3 shallots, trimmed, halved crossways, cut into matchsticks
1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
2 1/2 tablespoons Kikkoman soy sauce
2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine (shaoxing) or dry sherry
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 bunch baby bok choy, washed, cut into quarters
Steamed rice, to serve
© Kitsen | Dreamstime.com
- Half-fill a wok with water and bring to the boil.
- Place a heatproof plate inside a large bamboo steamer. Place the fish pieces on the plate.
- Scatter the ginger, chilli, shallots and half of the coriander leaves over the fish.
- Combine the soy sauce, the cooking wine and the sesame oil. Spoon over the fish.
- Reduce the boiling water to a simmer.
- Place the bamboo steamer in the wok, (make sure the water does not touch the base of the steamer).
- Cook the fish for 8-10 minutes or until it flakes with a fork.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the bok choy and cook for 1-2 minutes or until tender and slightly wilted. Drain well.
- Divide the fish among 4 serving plates.
- Drizzle each with some of the sauce and top with the remaining coriander leaves.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends