This gorgeous Steamed Chilli and Ginger Fish dish sounds as though it should be terribly complicated, but is actually a very easy dish to make. If you want an exotic dish that tantalizes the taste buds but doesn’t take much time to cook then give this a try today!
4 (about 200g each) firm white fish fillets
4cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
1 fresh long red chilli, deseeded, cut into matchsticks
3 shallots, trimmed, halved crossways, cut into matchsticks
1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
2 1/2 tablespoons Kikkoman soy sauce
2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine (shaoxing) or dry sherry
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 bunch baby bok choy, washed, cut into quarters
Steamed rice, to serve
© Kitsen | Dreamstime.com
- Half-fill a wok with water and bring to the boil.
- Place a heatproof plate inside a large bamboo steamer. Place the fish pieces on the plate.
- Scatter the ginger, chilli, shallots and half of the coriander leaves over the fish.
- Combine the soy sauce, the cooking wine and the sesame oil. Spoon over the fish.
- Reduce the boiling water to a simmer.
- Place the bamboo steamer in the wok, (make sure the water does not touch the base of the steamer).
- Cook the fish for 8-10 minutes or until it flakes with a fork.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the bok choy and cook for 1-2 minutes or until tender and slightly wilted. Drain well.
- Divide the fish among 4 serving plates.
- Drizzle each with some of the sauce and top with the remaining coriander leaves.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
I am interested in such topics so I will address page where it is cool... Join the Discussion..
Contento - The web-app that’s redefining content placement
New Member says
True that! There are tons of useless data apart from useful on other hand. You have to be tricky to... Join the Discussion..
Lives, like money, are spent. What are you buying with yours? Roy H. Williams
New Member says
I will buy the Du Home Internet plans as they are the fastest internet service provider in UAE.... Join the Discussion..
Life is much shorter than I imagined it to be. Abraham Cahan
New Member says
This particular papers fabulous, and My spouse and i enjoy each of the perform that you have placed... Join the Discussion..
The main facts in human life are five: birth, food, sleep, love and death. E. M. Forster
Please share more like that. comparatif produit Join the Discussion..
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends