If you want something a little different yet still filling and satisfying, then look no further than these gorgeous Pork Egg Rolls. They are the perfect dish for a winter’s night when you want something warming, and the whole family will love them!
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
450g ground pork
1/2 cup minced yellow onions
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 cup cabbage, shredded
500g medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
Soy sauce, to taste
1/4 cup sake
1 tablespoon sugar
2 cup fresh bean sprouts, washed and patted dry
1/4 cup green onions, green part only
20 (6-inch) egg roll wrappers
1 egg, beaten, for egg wash
Oil, for frying
© Ramon Grosso | Dreamstime.com
- Preheat the fryer.
- In a wok, heat the oil. When the oil is hot, add the pork. Season with salt and pepper. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the onions and garlic, continue to cook for 2 minutes. Add the cabbage and shrimp.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Season with the sesame oil, soy sauce, sake and sugar.
- Add the sprouts and green onions and mix thoroughly. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- To assemble, spoon about 1/4 cup of the filling in a rectangular shape on the center of each wrapper.
- Fold in the ends toward the center about 1/4-inch. Then, beginning at the bottom, roll up the wrapper, like a jelly roll, using a little of the egg wash to seal the end tightly.
- Repeat until all of the egg rolls are done.
- Fry the egg rolls in batches until golden brown, stirring occasionally for overall browning, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Season the egg rolls with Essence. Serve warm with sweet and sour sauce.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Privacy is dead.
It is the intent to provide valuable information and best practices, including an understanding of... Join the Discussion..
Interview: Kelly Wilson author of For the Love of Horses: The Wilson Sisters' Inspiring Journey to Save New Zealand's Wild Horses
New Member says
and comes as many European nations are further lifting lockdowns. A tiny village has charms pandora... Join the Discussion..
Striker: Surely you can't be serious. Rumack: I am serious…and don't call me Shirley. Airplane!, 1980
Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this... Join the Discussion..
Vertical Doggy Sex Position
New Member says
http://colabplumbing.com.au Join the Discussion..
Activities for Kids: 5 Ways to Get More Reading Done at Home
Great post, and great website. Thanks for the information! Airco Oost-Vlaanderen Join the Discussion..
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends